Esteemed Contributor

Valerie's glass garland and drops

I love these and would like to drape the garland across our mantle but I'm not sure how to secure it as I don't want to put nails in our fireplace mantle .   I'd appreciate any suggestions 😺

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie's glass garland and drops

@Kitty Galore  It sounds pretty. I've seen many YouTube videos using the "Command" hooks to secure garlands to mantels.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

3M removable hooks, sold everywhere.  Try Target or a hardware store.

71Vf6z1KP8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

3M removable hooks, sold everywhere.  Try Target or a hardware store.

71Vf6z1KP8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use these to drape strings of Christmas beads and to hang ornaments from the underside of my mantle. Just be careful if you have a fire in your fireplace. The heat caused a few of my hooks to come loose and one of my favorite glass ornaments bit the dust. I also use these to string artificial fall garlands on my screen porch. these little hooks are amazing. 

Valued Contributor

Scotch makes restickable clear dots. They are flat disks, around 1". I bought some from amazon to temporarily adhere some fragile Halloween decorations. They are really strong and reusable.

Honored Contributor

There's also a product called 'Museum Gel', which reminds me of silly putty, only clear.

It comes in a round container and you just pinch off the amount you need, shape it (flatten) however you need it to stabilize/hold the particular item.

It adheres to any surface and easily pulls off to remove, leaving no residue.

Just put it back in the container when done, it's reusable.

I bought it here on QVC many years ago and still have/use it.

If you google the name many stores carry it, including Amazon.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

thanks to ALL of you,  great suggestions all of them !!  Will certainly Check them out and see what works for this garland.   I assume as they are glass will heavy 😺😺