Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed how the newer hosts allowed Valerie to talk a lot and did not seem so rushed, so she didn't either. Much more relaxed and she was able to show different ways to decorate.

These are the kind of Valerie shows I love to watch.

Stacy, this morning or last night? and Mary Nelson today.

I bet they were instructed to let Valerie talk as much as possible. I thought there was a very noticeable difference and I liked it very much.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed yesterday’s shows and the hosts were much better!

She has some nice things and it’s so good to see Spring decorations. 

I just have too many rabbits .

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Spring Shows!

[ Edited ]

It seems as though the oversized items get barely mentioned and not really even presented, other than an occasional glimpse when other items were being presented ( this time there was a large carrot being driven by a bunny family and a large bunny pulling a carrot cart) this is frustrating .I realize it may be because they only bring a limited amount of the large items .....the large carrot car never even came out of “ sold out “ mode.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed all the shows so far...the one with Antonella and with the 'newer' hosts. I especially enjoyed the show with Mary this morning.

It made me wonder about Marybeth though...

I see other 'usual' hosts that are usually with Valerie...Leah, Jill, Jayne, etc. are all still on QVC regularly. However, Marybeth has cut down her airtime quite a bit over the past several months.

I went to her FB page and she doesn't post quite as often. I'm sure she is happily busy with her new grand babies. Maybe she is easing her way into retirement from the Q soon? I also have seen many more new hosts working the 'day shift' so to speak.

There are several hosts that are my age...nearly exactly to the year...Marybeth is 2 months older than me (we are both 59), Carolyn is a year older than both of us at 60, Antonella, Jayne & Pat are all 57 or 58...and Dan is 56 or 57. I think Rick is about 55 now and Dave V isn't far behind...54...and so is Jane T and Nancy Hornback.

I'm sure over the next 3-5 years we will definitely see these hosts leave one after the other.

Mind you, I'm just guessing...just an observation Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

It seems as though the oversized items get barely mentioned and not really even presented, other than an occasional glimpse when other items were being presented ( this time there was a large carrot being driven by a bunny family and a large bunny pulling a carrot cart) this is frustrating .I realize it may be because they only bring a limited amount of the large items .....the large carrot car never even came out of “ sold out “ mode.

Later ....... the carrot car is now showing as availabile

but $37 shipping and handling ! 😵 holy cow !! 

I wound up getting the bunny pulling the carrot cart, in spite of the $18 shipping ....😳 😫

Frequent Contributor

I loved all of Valerie's shows.  I bought quite a few items, more than I planned. I even bought more bunnies which I definitely didn't need but couldn't resist!  The boiled wool bunny couple were so detailed and I liked the vignettes Valerie created with the mosaic eggs and the bunnies.   I think Valerie gives wonderful ideas and has such a nice way about her.  I did wonder about the spring pastel plaid jackets she wore in two of the shows.  I asked on Facebook but she only replied about her pink sweater from Talbots.  Does anyone have an idea of where those jackets are available?  

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I was able to catch Stacy with Valerie. I liked them together. Stacy provided some good personal information without being overbearing. And she let Valerie present her items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

I enjoyed all the shows so far...the one with Antonella and with the 'newer' hosts. I especially enjoyed the show with Mary this morning.

It made me wonder about Marybeth though...

I see other 'usual' hosts that are usually with Valerie...Leah, Jill, Jayne, etc. are all still on QVC regularly. However, Marybeth has cut down her airtime quite a bit over the past several months.

I went to her FB page and she doesn't post quite as often. I'm sure she is happily busy with her new grand babies. Maybe she is easing her way into retirement from the Q soon? I also have seen many more new hosts working the 'day shift' so to speak.

There are several hosts that are my age...nearly exactly to the year...Marybeth is 2 months older than me (we are both 59), Carolyn is a year older than both of us at 60, Antonella, Jayne & Pat are all 57 or 58...and Dan is 56 or 57. I think Rick is about 55 now and Dave V isn't far behind...54...and so is Jane T and Nancy Hornback.

I'm sure over the next 3-5 years we will definitely see these hosts leave one after the other.

Mind you, I'm just guessing...just an observation Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise 

And Mary Beth is usually the one that trains/mentors the new hosts too.......

I think QVC is trying to draw in a younger demographic with younger hosts...some are good...but I think the older hosts are more in tune with QVC's actual viewing audience age group....and QVC's product mix too...20 and 30 yr olds may care about skin care but not "wrinkle creams", and QVC's electronics are not exactly latest and greatest millenials are looking for, and the younger set may not want to invest in expensive kitchen appliances or jewelry etc...........But your right some hosts are near the age when they start thinking about retirement and QVC needs to have a plan in place, but some will be missed for their presentation styles and product expertise...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Did I miss the presentation of H218269 Hydrangea, Peony and Tulip? I see that the wreath and garland are on the website, but the arrangement in the metal pitcher is not there.

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Did I miss the presentation of H218269 Hydrangea, Peony and Tulip? I see that the wreath and garland are on the website, but the arrangement in the metal pitcher is not there.

@PA Mom-mom  - it was presented, in the first show I think.  The arrangement in the pitcher sold out.