Respected Contributor

Valerie's Snowy Grapevine Trees

H219577

I received these today and was appalled at the shoddy packaging. These are fairly delicate because they have pinecones and bows that are just glued on. Each of the trees was in a plastic bag and all three bags were just placed in a big box with no cushioning, so that they just rattled around in the box. And the box itself was quite lightweight so that the top was kind of crushed in. Some of the decorations on the trees had shaken loose.

I was willing to glue the pinecones and bows back on but when I put batteries in to test the timer I noticed that one of the trees had really bright white lights and one had less bright yellowish lights. I didn't even check out the third tree - they are going back. 

Other than that I did really like the trees - haven't decided whether to re-order.

Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie's Snowy Grapevine Trees

There have been complaints about the quality of Valerie’s products in the past, but this year is the worst I’ve seen. Aside from complaints here, there is a Christmas decor Facebook group that I’m a part of, and the photos and complaints about the poor quality of this year’s products has been rampant. 

Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

There have been complaints about the quality of Valerie’s products in the past, but this year is the worst I’ve seen. Aside from complaints here, there is a Christmas decor Facebook group that I’m a part of, and the photos and complaints about the poor quality of this year’s products has been rampant. 

@MaryLamb  what is the name of the group, I would be interested in joining. 

I order a lot of stuff from Valerie and I must be lucky. I can honestly say I have had no quality issues. I have had to glue things back on and what not but I have had to do that with stuff I have bought elsewhere as well. I am loving the new stuff she is bringing out but the prices...boy they sure are going up.

Honored Contributor

There was discussion the other day about the quality of Valerie's products lately.  What you say is what I have experienced.

During that thread, I mentioned some of Valerie's poinsettia tree's bracts were broken off in the box because of poor packing, but it gets worse.

The second tree arrived with alot of very noticeable white mold growing on top of the faux dirt.  

Decided to look at the first tree more closely and mold was growing on it, too. 

The poinsettias of the second tree were smashed flat in the box, but the box was not damaged.

Valued Contributor

@froggy-- I bought two sets of these trees, even though I thought they were too expensive.  I haven't seen anything like them in retail; I love that they're not just simple cone-shaped trees.  Like you I was disappointed by the way they were shipped.  Some of the greenery came unglued (which I can fix).  My biggest problem is with the flocking -- it's dreadfully uneven.  The large trees hardly have any flocking at all on the front.  

I'm not sure yet if I'll keep these trees.  As stated in my online product review . . . if I saw these trees in this condition in a store, I would not have purchased them!