Super Contributor

Valerie's Set of 3 Wax Spheres

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I received Valerie's set of 3 wax spheres.. H216454

Pro: Beautiful design & color;  not overly done in glitter.

Cons: Wax was melting.. Batteries were hard to get in; a tight        squeeze, but finally did go in all the way... Some of the wax was also very blotchy.....

Then when you wanted to pull them out with the green fabric strip, they wouldn't come out, you had to use a small pointed scissor...

Finally, one of the spheres the battery compartment fell right inside; wasn't even attached to the bottom..

Over the years, I've purchased so many of Valerie's items, and I feel this year her products have been mostly misses.. I think a lot of Valerie, like, admire & respect her; but she needs to get new manufacturers...

I do wish though the spheres were made out of crackled glass, because the color & design were so pretty.. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Set of 3 Wax Spheres

@classic Thanks for a thorough review...very helpful.

Super Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

You're welcome!!..  Have a good evening...

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Marsha2003  @classic  I will receive mine next week, so will post what I think.

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate your review!!  I liked the way they looked in both colors and was considering buying them. I was looking for reviews on the website and there are none! 

Honored Contributor

@classic  @Marsha2003  I opened one set which arrived a few days ago, the holly, and they are beautiful, and work fine.  Hopefully the other set will also be.

I am tempted to buy the poinsettia, but they are more expensive now.

Honored Contributor

In the last 5 years or so, many of the battery operated things from Valerie, especially anything Mercury Glass, has been so inferior. 

Battery compartments hard to use, 'guts' falling out of the bottom of the item completely because the glue gives way, uneven coating inside of the MG effect, allowing some dark areas, and others so light you can see all the 'innards' right through it.

I see so little of her line that I'm willing to lay down money for anymore. The quality of much of it has just gotten so inconsistent and poor, while the prices are continuing to increase.

Thanks for your post @classic. Makes me feel I've made the right decision to pass on most of her things this year.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

In the last 5 years or so, many of the battery operated things from Valerie, especially anything Mercury Glass, has been so inferior. 

Battery compartments hard to use, 'guts' falling out of the bottom of the item completely because the glue gives way, uneven coating inside of the MG effect, allowing some dark areas, and others so light you can see all the 'innards' right through it.

I see so little of her line that I'm willing to lay down money for anymore. The quality of much of it has just gotten so inconsistent and poor, while the prices are continuing to increase.

Thanks for your post @classic. Makes me feel I've made the right decision to pass on most of her things this year.

@Mominohio  What about my post, mine are perfect. Smiley Happy