Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Scenes Under Glass in "As Is"

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

I am not trying to hijack your thread, Lucy & Mousiegirl, but I just have to jump in. I also have enough holiday decor to decorate houses for miles around me.  We have two sons-one is married and one isn't. My daughter in law does not have my taste in decor at all. I am starting to get worried with who will want my lovely decor pieces when I am gone. I get so much enjoyment out of all of it, it just seems like someone will want it. Young people are different these days, though. I don't think they want to accumulate all that their parents do. They want to steamline. I keep telling myself not to buy anything new, and I am good for a while, only to revert back to my old ways. 

@rosehill I can so relate rosehill.  You are always welcome to share on any posts. Smiley Happy   Maybe one of your grandchildren will love your decor.  I took DD through FAO Schwartz (sp) one year, she was around six, and she went through the entire store, not asking for anythinhg, and finally asked if we could leave.  I was shocked, as I was the kid that day, loving everything, lol.  I knew then that she would not be the shopper that I am, thank goodness, except she does love clothes. 

@rosehill  You are always welcome to join in on any thread, the more, the better.  I have the one GD who is young but loves to decorate so I'm starting to share my decor stash with her.  I'm sure she will treasure all of it someday.  My two DD couldn't possibly care less about most of it.  They don't want the trouble of packing and unpacking, like the house to be spared all the clutter.  Also, they come and ooh and awe over mine and I don't mind, I enjoy all of my decor, very festive. 

This seems to be a question/concern for many of us! Who will get custody of our beloved decor?!

I'm sure that the bulk of my Christmas decor will end up in a thrift store, or at an estate auction, but I do hope my son chooses to keep some of it. And I am making sure he knows what is old and handed down through the family, so he can choose those things if he wishes. But the rest will be up to him (or more accurately, probably, his wife) to decide what means something to him, what speaks to him or elicits memories and what really doesn't. I know I went through that with the little bit my mom had, and I didn't keep some pieces that I now regret having disposed of, but it is what it is.

Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie's Scenes Under Glass in "As Is"

@mousiegirl wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

I am not trying to hijack your thread, Lucy & Mousiegirl, but I just have to jump in. I also have enough holiday decor to decorate houses for miles around me.  We have two sons-one is married and one isn't. My daughter in law does not have my taste in decor at all. I am starting to get worried with who will want my lovely decor pieces when I am gone. I get so much enjoyment out of all of it, it just seems like someone will want it. Young people are different these days, though. I don't think they want to accumulate all that their parents do. They want to steamline. I keep telling myself not to buy anything new, and I am good for a while, only to revert back to my old ways. 

@rosehill I can so relate rosehill.  You are always welcome to share on any posts. Smiley Happy   Maybe one of your grandchildren will love your decor.  I took DD through FAO Schwartz (sp) one year, she was around six, and she went through the entire store, not asking for anythinhg, and finally asked if we could leave.  I was shocked, as I was the kid that day, loving everything, lol.  I knew then that she would not be the shopper that I am, thank goodness, except she does love clothes. 

@mousiegirl That is some story about your daughter in FAO Schwarz. I would have been shocked, too. I am hoping that one of the grandchildren will want it. Smiley Happy