Super Contributor

Valerie's Prelit carved pumpkins

I received these today at 12:15 p.m. & I just finished packaging them to return to the post office.. I got the Ivory to breakup the oranges, browns & green harvest decor..

Well, I think I may be in the minority here, but the color is awful; plus the small one doesn't work.. The Ivory looks dirty, almost gray, with pink ( & I'm a pastel girl ) shading in the fluted parts of the pumpkin. For the price, I expected a better quality product..

I have, so, so, so many products of Valerie & sad to say the set I got is just ugly.. Getting ready to go to the post office now..

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Prelit carved pumpkins

@classic, sorry to hear about the carved pumpkins.  They looked nice and I almost bought them, but realized I have enough.

Being the fact that the one doesn't work and is defective, I'd be calling CS to let them know; you should't have to pay to return them, plus you should get the original shipping back.

I just went through that with the Kaleidoscope tree.  I have 4 VPH items coming this week and am almost afraid to open them.  It used to be I had no problems with her things; now, not so much.

Respected Contributor

I wanted the green but they sold out before I could pull the trigger. Maybe just as well.

Super Contributor

@HisElk1: thank you so much  for telling me about CS.. I had planned on calling them when I came back from the post office.. I was so disappointed with them that I just wanted to get rid of them quickly .

I too have about 5 more items coming and I can totally relate to what your saying..  As much as I love, love Valerie, her prices have gone up & quality has gone down.... Lately it's been hit or miss.. Have a great day!!!

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

I received these today at 12:15 p.m. & I just finished packaging them to return to the post office.. I got the Ivory to breakup the oranges, browns & green harvest decor..

Well, I think I may be in the minority here, but the color is awful; plus the small one doesn't work.. The Ivory looks dirty, almost gray, with pink ( & I'm a pastel girl ) shading in the fluted parts of the pumpkin. For the price, I expected a better quality product..

I have, so, so, so many products of Valerie & sad to say the set I got is just ugly.. Getting ready to go to the post office now..

Glad you posted this. I didn't like them from the first airing, thought they lacked richness in color and depth. But so many here seemed excited, I thought I missed something .

I thought the style was great, the size was great, but there was something to the color/finish of them I didn't care for. Just not rich enough in color or shading or something, at least that is how it came across on tv. 

Hope if others get them they will post pictures.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio: So eloquently put!!.. You described it better them me; and I had them in my hands .. Apart from the one not working; the shading was just awful.. Maybe, they will look better in the other  colors.. The resin was subpar.. I agree that concept was really nice... 

Respected Contributor

Oh great. I ordered two sets. Ivory and green. Was looking forward to getting them. Now I’m dreading it as I hate the whole re-pack and return process. I just need to stop buying. I have enough.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh no.  Sorry to hear that they are disappointing. 

Something different during the presentation bothered me about them.  When the studio lights were low, I saw that the pumpkins glowed unevenly or blotchy through their solid portion, like the resin shell was thin in some spots and thick in others.  Too many quality issues lately, it seems. 

Super Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Something different during the presentation bothered me about them.  When the studio lights were low, I saw that the pumpkins glowed unevenly or blotchy through their solid portion, like the resin shell was thin in some spots and thick in others.  Too many quality issues lately, it seems. 

So very true regarding the quality issues... Also, last night I finally opened the lighted cardinals; horrible, horrible coloration of the mercury glass.. All black stains... Another trip to the post office.. Ugh!!!!

Respected Contributor

@classic wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

So very true regarding the quality issues... Also, last night I finally opened the lighted cardinals; horrible, horrible coloration of the mercury glass.. All black stains... Another trip to the post office.. Ugh!!!!

@classic, I'm expecting 4 items this week and after reading some of the replies here, I'm almost dreading opening them when they arrive.  I'll be surprised if all 4 of them are what they appeared to be of the presentation.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Don't forget to call CS and tell them they are defective so you get your shipping back.  You can also post on her facebook page too.