Respected Contributor

Valerie's Iced Birch Trees - Advance Order

Advance order date is 11/22.  What are the chances of being able to decorate with these for this Christmas?  Probably nil.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Iced Birch Trees - Advance Order

If they are shipped on the 11/22 you should get it by the first of Dec. in plenty of time for Christmas. And you can use them as winter decor. The are not strictly for Christmas 

I ordered her blue velvet pumpkins on advance order for 10/5. They were shipped on 10/5 and received on 10/8. 

if you want them I would take a chance. 

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe , I agree and will not order any of those items.  People will be lucky if those items arrive early enough to decorate and enjoy them IMO.

OT, I ordered a pair of Earth shoes on 10/8.  When I check on the order status, it states delivery date estimate is 10/28.  Nothing mentions "advance order".  Tried to cancel item, but no luck.  Very frustrating and that will be my last order.

I have ordered jewelry from jtv and it is delivered in less than a week with NO shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC did very well two weeks ago sending my two Valerie orders during the time frame they promised.  Delivery time was pretty good too, but around 11/22, delays may be inevitable.  

This tree caught my eye, so I ordered the 6 foot brown bark, planning to use it all winter.  

Here it is for others who haven't seen it.  

H231439

Respected Contributor

If you are a Costco member you might want to check there I saw something very similar..........

Super Contributor

Look on Amazon, tons of them. 

Honored Contributor

I personally have had no luck at all with advance orders. I had 2 advance orders that got cancelled and never shipped..I have 1 more that states it will ship 10/18...wish me luck.

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe   I wouldn't risk it because once I put up my Christmas decor, I don't want to keep adding to it, and based on the shipment delays all over the place, you may not get it until a couple of weeks into December.

I really am tempted to get one myself, but am interested in ones from Target.  They have several (just choose Target as the vendor in the options), and they have a really nice 4' one for less then $50 with free shipping and says it can deliver by October 22.  Just search:

Lightshare 4' LED Birch Tree Decoration Light - Warm White Lights

There is also a 6' for $60 and an 8' for $134 if you need to fill a larger space.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone.

I placed an advance order for a Christmas/winter item a few months ago and they recently changed the ship date to two weeks later.  I still don't have it.