Valued Contributor

I was interested in the cottage in this collection she offered last Christmas. Item H227327.  I have some buyer's remorse over not snagging this beautiful piece.

I don't do FB, but wondered if there has been any discussion as to whether these items will return this year?  Also, if anyone has this item could you let me know what you think?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Gingerbread Lace

@Luv_My_Beagle

I can see why you would be interested in these. They are beautiful. I don't remember those.  Somehow I could still read reviews,and saw a quick flash of the picture before the "this item is sold out." Most all saying how beautiful they are. The only negative ones I read were from arriving broken from poor packaging.

There is a Gingerbread Lace by Valerie on ebay.

Here's a sort of similar by Martha Stewart-h230592-on sale for almost half price, $28.45

and it's a cookie jar

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Luv_My_Beagle

I can see why you would be interested in these. They are beautiful. I don't remember those.  Somehow I could still read reviews,and saw a quick flash of the picture before the "this item is sold out." Most all saying how beautiful they are. The only negative ones I read were from arriving broken from poor packaging.

There is a Gingerbread Lace by Valerie on ebay.

Here's a sort of similar by Martha Stewart-h230592-on sale for almost half price, $28.45

and it's a cookie jar

Martha's piece is cute, too.  I don't need a thing, but I like Martha's piece and Valeries Gingerbread Lace because they aren't the more colorful Gingerbread.  Thanks for posting!!

Trusted Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle  - As popular as the house, and Mr. & Mrs. Santa were,  I can't imagine she wouldn't bring them back, unless they weren't available.  

Valued Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Luv_My_Beagle  - As popular as the house, and Mr. & Mrs. Santa were,  I can't imagine she wouldn't bring them back, unless they weren't available.  

I'm hoping she brings them back.  I guess she originally had those items in Christmas in July last year.  I'll be waiting...

Valued Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle -- I ordered this gingerbread lace house last year and I love it!  I would highly recommend it.  I'm frequently on Valerie's Facebook page -- she hasn't announced if she's bringing it back (or any other gingerbread lace), but she did mention during one of her shows that there's a lot more gingerbread coming.  My guess is she will offer more items in the lace style.

Frequent Contributor

@Luv_My_Beagle I remember seeing a comment about those during the Valerie FB Live preview.  I can't seem to locate the comment now on that feed.  I thought it said she would be bringing more back.  Maybe someone can confirm that?  I have found some similar ones at The Jolly Christmas Shop.  You can also try FB Marketplace the group is Varlerie Parr Hill Season Decor Market.  If I happen to find the comment, I will update you.

Respected Contributor

I was so thrilled last year to get the Santa and Mrs Claus gingerbread lace figures as well as the large lace gingerbread illuminated house. It was worth the wait to get them on the advanced orders. I cannot wait to display them this Christmas. 

If they do come back expect to pay a lot more with inflation and cost of goods and supply issues.

I watched her shows and there was nothing I wanted to buy. Most were reorders at higher prices. I am happy with all the items I have from Valerie over the years. Some battery items have stopped working. I still display them as in the daylight they are so pretty. 

Valued Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

I was so thrilled last year to get the Santa and Mrs Claus gingerbread lace figures as well as the large lace gingerbread illuminated house. It was worth the wait to get them on the advanced orders. I cannot wait to display them this Christmas. 

If they do come back expect to pay a lot more with inflation and cost of goods and supply issues.

I watched her shows and there was nothing I wanted to buy. Most were reorders at higher prices. I am happy with all the items I have from Valerie over the years. Some battery items have stopped working. I still display them as in the daylight they are so pretty. 

I just love the Gingerbread Lace Cottage and am so disappointed I din't buy it while available. 

I did see it way back sold AS IS, but didn't buy then either....UGH...lol

I am not terribly confident they will come back. Hopefully they do!!

BTW I only purchased one item during this first go round of CIJ and that was the Martha Stewart lights. Nothing from Valerie.....yet!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you that replied to my question.  Interesting that there might have been some conversation about this on Val's FB about the Gingerbread Lace collection.   I don't do FB so I cannot check.  However, I will keep watching.

I saw one on Etsy that looked like Val's, but the store owner said his piece did not have a timer.  

Anyway, perhaps there is hope after all and thanks so much for your replies!!