Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Friends First Sneak Peek

@RazorSharp
Wow!! Your fireplace looks fantastic! When mousiegirl asked if they were Valerie's teees, I thought no way. Now you have me rethinking them. You made them look great! Do you think they would hold small lightweight ornaments?
Trusted Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Did Valerie present the new mg trees with sponge effect during her show today?  I wanted to know if the Frost option showed up white or gold.

@RazorSharp To me the Frost looks champagne when lit.  It has the warm light look like it does in the pictures.

@lucymoThanks! BTW, did you ever receive your trees in Pearl?  Do they match the Frost finials?  Thanks! 

@RazorSharp  No, the Pearl trees are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.  I will let you know as soon as I see them.  I doubt that they will be exactly the same but might be close.

@lucymo Thanks!  @mousiegirl Said she received both the finials and trees, and they match!

@RazorSharp  I just looked at them again.  As far as I am concerned they are a close match, and certainly look great together.  The finials are a bit shiner than the trees, which are not at all except for the beads, very sparkly, but the finials could not be described as shiny, as are the red and gold.  

The finials have a sheen.  I will post a picture later tonight. Smiley Happy

@RazorSharp @lucymoDSCF2327.JPG

Thanks so much, @mousiegirl.  They look almost identical, and I think they look great together.  I took a pic of my new fireplace and wanted to share:

IMG_0059.JPG

@RazorSharp - I love the symmetry!  Are those two sets of the same finials?

Trusted Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@RazorSharp, your fireplace is beautiful.

@Snicks1 Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@RazorSharp
Wow!! Your fireplace looks fantastic! When mousiegirl asked if they were Valerie's teees, I thought no way. Now you have me rethinking them. You made them look great! Do you think they would hold small lightweight ornaments?

@crazycockermom Thanks!  They would absolutely hold ornaments, even heavier ones.  While they look delicated, the branches are actually extremely stiff.  Be forewarned, these trees are my third set, and they are As Is.  The first set was the reguular priced item, and it went back because one of the trees wouldn't light.  The second set was As Is, and one of the bases was completely mangled, so that went back, too.  I guess third time is a charm, because this As Is set came in perfect condition.  

Trusted Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Did Valerie present the new mg trees with sponge effect during her show today?  I wanted to know if the Frost option showed up white or gold.

@RazorSharp To me the Frost looks champagne when lit.  It has the warm light look like it does in the pictures.

@lucymoThanks! BTW, did you ever receive your trees in Pearl?  Do they match the Frost finials?  Thanks! 

@RazorSharp  No, the Pearl trees are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.  I will let you know as soon as I see them.  I doubt that they will be exactly the same but might be close.

@lucymo Thanks!  @mousiegirl Said she received both the finials and trees, and they match!

@RazorSharp  I just looked at them again.  As far as I am concerned they are a close match, and certainly look great together.  The finials are a bit shiner than the trees, which are not at all except for the beads, very sparkly, but the finials could not be described as shiny, as are the red and gold.  

Thanks so much, @mousiegirl.  They look almost identical, and I think they look great together.  I took a pic of my new fireplace and wanted to share:

IMG_0059.JPG

@RazorSharp - I love the symmetry!  Are those two sets of the same finials?

@DecorDiva Thanks!  Yes, those are H208777.  They each run on 2 AA batteries on a SIX hour timer, and you get fantastic battery life.  

Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@RazorSharp

@crazycockermom Thanks!  They would absolutely hold ornaments, even heavier ones.  While they look delicated, the branches are actually extremely stiff.  Be forewarned, these trees are my third set, and they are As Is.  The first set was the reguular priced item, and it went back because one of the trees wouldn't light.  The second set was As Is, and one of the bases was completely mangled, so that went back, too.  I guess third time is a charm, because this As Is set came in perfect condition.  

Thanks for the info and the warning.  I am considering trying the as is, but am thinking these might be a pain to store...

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

IMG_0059.JPG

@RazorSharp, That is beautiful.  I know you're thrilled with your new fireplace. 

The first thing that comes to mind when I look at this pic is how neat everything is.  There is so much illumination, but there are no cords anywhere, thanks to the wonderful battery operated timered technology we are blessed with now.  We probably couldn't pull this off a decade ago.  I love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, Thanks for the pic.  They look great together, thank goodness.  I do see the slight difference which I was seeing online as well.  

Do you think a set of red trees with the shinier finish of the colored finials would be gorgeous?  I can't stop thinking about that possibility for next year.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

IMG_0059.JPG

@RazorSharp, That is beautiful.  I know you're thrilled with your new fireplace. 

The first thing that comes to mind when I look at this pic is how neat everything is.  There is so much illumination, but there are no cords anywhere, thanks to the wonderful battery operated timered technology we are blessed with now.  We probably couldn't pull this off a decade ago.  I love it. 

@SHOPR Thank you so much!  I do love symmetry! LOL!  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp Your fireplace is simply beautiful!! It is simple and elegant.  You gave me some great ideas for mine Smiley Happy