Valued Contributor

Valerie's Fresh Balsam Wreaths? Do They Last?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone had a good (or bad) experience with Valerie's fresh balsam wreaths?  I'm thinking of ordering one to display on an indoor entrance mirror.  I'm in Florida, and I want to know if it will be ok for several weeks inside in the a/c environment.  Would love to hear if anyone has had good luck with these.  Thinking of getting my mom one too.  Thanks in avance for responding -- Merry Christmas everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Fresh Balsam Wreaths? Do They Last?

I live where it's cold in November so the balsam wreaths last forever. One year I had it hanging up outside on my porch till April and it still looked good. 

Honored Contributor

I've bought one now for a few years.  They last a long time for me.

I actually spritz them to try to keep them healthier than they would otherwise.

New Contributor

i would also love to know if they are fragrant, and how long the fragrance lasts. thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I bought Valerie's wreaths for many years and they have always been wonderful.  I haven't purchased them in the last 2 years though because I order my wreath through my daughter's pre-school now.  Once that is over (next year!), I will go back to Valerie's wreaths.

I live on Long Island and I always did the ship date that was the week of Thanksgiving.  It smelled great at first, but like anything, the scent doesn't last forever.  I can't remember it ever drying out and I kept it up until February some years!

Contributor

Ladies are you reading her post before answering.  She lives in Florida and is asking how well they will hold up there, not where you live.  Of course it will last in the snowy, cold East Coast.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven  Possibly two weeks.  You can spray with water too but take it down from the wall if you are hanging it up to spray.  When I lived in Northern California a live wreath would only last about 2 weeks outside.  It was never that cold outside.  I think the smell of the wreath is worth it.  The air condtioning should help.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven ~ in a cold climate the wreath can last from November to April.  MIne did!  I decided to put one inside, (dining area of kitchen,) and made it for about two weeks.  I did mist it, but it dried out anyway.  IMO, the prelit Bethlehem Lights (mixed greens) wreaths are very nice, full and quite realistic.

Honored Contributor

Probably not even a day in Phoenix...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Probably wouldn't last long in Albuquerque either and We're a lot colder than Florida but its dry and I don't want to have to spray it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment