Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's CIJ Shows 7/1/2017

@Gram W

Thank you for having such a kind heart and rescuing those sweet boys.........Cat Very HappyHeart   That is so funny that they like to watch the beginning of the fireworks, but then get scared..............

My current kitties are ferals I rescued at different time periods......one is now 7 yrs old, and "the baby" is  4 years old---both Tuxedo cats.  And its funny that your cats know the word "treats" because my oldest does too.......she can be anywhere in the house and I say that "magic word" and she suddenly appears--- Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt.  Thank you for adopting your fur babies.   I wish people would remember adopting/purchasing an animal is a lifetime commitment.  Cute little bundles of fur grow up.  Many live 10+ years.  They are not toys to be discarded like a toy when you get tired of them.

I have 2 non working family farms close by.  The land is leased out but no animals except feral cats.  My neighbor down the road asked me if I would like to help her catch the cats to be fixed.  Of course I wanted to.  In 2 years I caught 15 but neither of us could catch the original 2 females.  We caught the 2 males.  It has been quiet for 3 years and this month I have seen 2 new plump cats who are probably pregnant females.  I will talk to the SPCA and see if we can get started again.  Not knowing if they are nursing I can't capture them without the kittens.  It is a catch do or don't for now.  

The SPCA vets found out my female has a heart murmur and they asked if I would be willing to keep her inside.  I agreed this was best so kept her brother also.  (my allergist would be unset if he knew but I have not had a problem in 3 yrs.) 11 never left my area after they were fixed.   It takes about 50 pounds of dry food and 7 large cans per week during the winter.  Once the snow and cold goes they go back to hunting and my bill is cut in half.  During the winter strangers came also.  Cats, 3 raccoons and a possom.  The skunk came a few times but did not come up the steps.   1 racoon still comes occasionally.  I try to bring the dishes in before she gets here.  The cats move over and let her eat with them like she is family.  She is no problem but I don't want her to lose her fear of people.

It can be a zoo but I love it here.  Nothing like coming home to see the welcoming committee jump off the porch and come down the driveway to greet me.  They lead me to my porch, sit in the steps for a pat and Boss sits by the door waiting.  He takes care of everyone and makes sure I make their dinner my priority.  I dread the time I have to leave my home and go to senior living.  I like my privacy and being able to live with mother nature and her critters.   Hopefully that is many years down the road.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought Mr and Mrs Claus and the Elves. I didn't find anything else in the shows that I need. I did like the door hanger but when I saw it online the photo made it seem that the bottom portion of the ribbon was thin and transaperent to the point of being rippable maybe even at the point of packaging and shipping. I passed as I didn't need it that badly.

There was a lot of same stuff over and over. Mercury glass and ginger jars. The glitter stars looked like something that could be picked up at Walmart. I didn't get that whole set of trees and spheres that looked like pearls. I don't mean to offend anyone that likes it or went for it but it just isn't my type of thing.

All of the shows went really fast. Katie and Jayne were perfect for the shows. Jill really annoyed me tonight. I had in the past defended Jill on another post and try to be objective but tonight I just found her to be annoying with the bragging and the claiming ownership of ideas and I think she was rude to Chad in tone and how for her portion of the tsv presentation she had to make it known it was her show and didn't invite Chad in to present ideas for using the lights like he did the other 40 times during the day. She only called him in when she needed outdoor decorating ideas.

Jill didn't let Valerie talk much which is disrespectful as the show is called Valerie House To Home. I could tell Valerie didn't appreciate it. Call me picky but I also found it rude to mention Dennis Basso and how he decorates and to name other products like Luminara TO GO with Valerie's stuff as if what she is promoting to sell is secondary stuff.

I don't want to see Jill in any more of Valerie's shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Well what did you all think of Valerie's Shows, just a few new things, and the rest was mostly items we've seen before or variations thereof..........I was disappointed, but thinking on the positive I really dont need any more Christmas items, but was still looking to see something unique that I might add in exchange for donating something I was tired of.............Woman Frustrated

Late last night I had to stay up late because I had a major computer problem, and had to wait to see if the suggested fix and re-installs put my PC back in working order---WHEW!!!,thankfully it did!  While I was up I got a chance to see Valerie's 1AM Show (12midnight here).........and I must say I really liked Katie McGree she was excellent and let Valerie speak and share ideas.....I now understand all the posts I see complimenting this host, I wish they'd put her on more in prime time (but maybe she prefers that shift---who knows)................

Didnt see anything I wanted to purchase with Valerie's morning show, but at least Valerie was paired with Jayne Brown and they worked well together........but nothing even tempted me.............

I had an early dinner with friends and came home to relax after a busy day, and turned on the TV just in time for Valerie's Show----Unfortunately, they had Valerie paired with Jill, who spoke non-stop and Valerie couldn't get a word in edgewise, Valerie couldnt even finish uttering the words "red, white, and blue" before Jill interrupted her and completed the sentence for her............Jill just took over the show!!!! It was just awful---I ended up muting Jill....................ARRRGGGHHH!!!  I am so tired of Jill TAKING OVER---she has her own shows where she can be "the queen", but on Valerie's Shows, Valerie should be in control and allowed to share HER IDEAS, I want to HEAR VALERIE, NOT JILL!!!

Well what did everyone think of Valerie's Shows? Did you purchase anything?...... 

@Spurt  I agree about wanting to hear Valerie instead of a host, but Jill is not the only one who won't let Valerie speak, and it is super annoying.

Honored Contributor

Host JB is not a good pairing with VPH. She is best to host alone, with no vendor.

I like VPH with Leah, Jayne B., Mary Beth or Pat.

These hosts let her speak, which I enjoy hearing.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the lantern....but that was it.  I am going to redo the inside of it with some nicer greenery. I wanted a different kind of centerpiece on my coffee table in the Family room.

I am tired of the spheres, finials...jars.....In the past I bought her cloches, carolers, gingerbread houses and music boxes. I didn't see anything else that I liked.

Trusted Contributor

I was disappointed in her shows this time around.  Yes, she did have some nice things, but nothing that really enticed me to buy.

Overall, I think Part I of CIJ was pretty boring.  I was hoping for more.  Oh well.  At least I saved money!

To those who made purchases, I hope you enjoy everything you bought!

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed Scott Living's show.  I had to get those graduated glass jars to do some coastal looks with the teal TSV.  I think my wallet will be impacted later on this month!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl

What Valerie considers "new" and what I consider NEW appear to be two different things..........take the hurricane lamp with candle and candle ring.....she offered a similar item in her spring line, same with the ginger jars, lanterns done before, the pedestals of varying heights, she made base and shape square instead of round, but very simiilar......same with the sled, not entirely new concepts more of a variation---JMHO

I hope you enjoyed the shows and found some goodies to purchase......Enjoy! 

@Spurt

QVC in general is getting terrible about calling things "NEW" when in fact they are simply repeats with one small new feature or one new color added. They aren't fooling anyone, and instead are turning people away because it isn't true.

There have to be a million factories in China cranking out stuff. QVC needs to go find some truly new things to bring, and quit calling the redone things 'new'.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Well what did you all think of Valerie's Shows, just a few new things, and the rest was mostly items we've seen before or variations thereof..........I was disappointed, but thinking on the positive I really dont need any more Christmas items, but was still looking to see something unique that I might add in exchange for donating something I was tired of.............Woman Frustrated

Late last night I had to stay up late because I had a major computer problem, and had to wait to see if the suggested fix and re-installs put my PC back in working order---WHEW!!!,thankfully it did!  While I was up I got a chance to see Valerie's 1AM Show (12midnight here).........and I must say I really liked Katie McGree she was excellent and let Valerie speak and share ideas.....I now understand all the posts I see complimenting this host, I wish they'd put her on more in prime time (but maybe she prefers that shift---who knows)................

Didnt see anything I wanted to purchase with Valerie's morning show, but at least Valerie was paired with Jayne Brown and they worked well together........but nothing even tempted me.............

I had an early dinner with friends and came home to relax after a busy day, and turned on the TV just in time for Valerie's Show----Unfortunately, they had Valerie paired with Jill, who spoke non-stop and Valerie couldn't get a word in edgewise, Valerie couldnt even finish uttering the words "red, white, and blue" before Jill interrupted her and completed the sentence for her............Jill just took over the show!!!! It was just awful---I ended up muting Jill....................ARRRGGGHHH!!!  I am so tired of Jill TAKING OVER---she has her own shows where she can be "the queen", but on Valerie's Shows, Valerie should be in control and allowed to share HER IDEAS, I want to HEAR VALERIE, NOT JILL!!!

Well what did everyone think of Valerie's Shows? Did you purchase anything?...... 

@Spurt    While I share your frustration, the responsibility of the flow of the show is the hosts responsibility not the vendor. It is their job. Valerie is not a host. The host is also taking instruction from the producer based on number of items etc. Like you I find some hosts overbearing but there may be things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. There are several that I would like to see tone it down, however I do not think they would last long as a host if they were to lose control of their show.