Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's 20" kaleidoscope tree

[ Edited ]

@ohdollypop 

FYI:  I bought this tree last season, the green one.  Yes, it was beautiful but the loud whirl of the motor drove me crazy😮

I returned it as defective & received replacement.  It was fine then about 2 weeks later same thing☹️.  And the wires were showing at the base on the replacement😡

I recall last year there were many "complaints" and reviews poor because of the whirl & loudness.

Beautiful but at this price -- I wanted it "perfect"!  I hope yours "is quieter" & you'd think they'd correct the problem this year🙂

Contributor

@homedecor1 I completely understand. I am sorry about the problems you had with your tree!!

I didn’t return mine last year because they were selling out and I was worried I’d miss out. It was silly on my part because you are right—for these prices, they should be perfect! I guess I looked at it from the perspective of—I have young children, and we have people over a lot, so our home is never truly quiet anyway. 🤪 For the taller tree, the fact that it was a gift definitely is playing a role in me being less annoyed. Again, it’s beautiful, but $60 is a lot for this. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ohdollypop - THANK YOU! I sort of got to see the trees near each other when they were presented on air, but being able to check them out in your great closeup photos is extremely helpful. The scale is quite nice. All of my trees are the classic green, so that's likely what I'd get in the 20" tree, but that big silver one is tempting, too...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The 20” in both colors appears to have sold out during David’s show today. At least when I checked, did not see a waitlist option.
Esteemed Contributor

Just in case anyone else is interested, a few "as is" versions of the 20" tree in green and silver were just added to the site at a fairly decent price—I took a chance and ordered a green one since I ended up regretting my decision not to purchase before they sold out. Fingers crossed for a perfect tree someone simply changed their mind about keeping!