Esteemed Contributor

Valerie's 20" kaleidoscope tree

Has anyone bought the 20" tree as well as the 16" tree? I have four of the 16" trees but am having a hard time justifying the purchase of the 20" because it is twice as much money for barely more height and width. Please share any comparative notes...  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie's 20" kaleidoscope tree

I just purchased my first 16" tree and received it a couple of days ago.  Purchased green and am in love with it.  I will wait for the 20" tree reviews and then hope for a lower price or for them to show up in the "as is" catagory.  Although well worth the price I have to be frugal if I can.  I am hoping VPH brings in a smaller version as well at some point.  I think these trees are magnificent. 

Respected Contributor

I did purchase the 20"; however, I have to admit I have yet to unpack it. 

If I do in the near future, I will be sure to post my review.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered 2, just recieved  1.....and instead of another tree i got someone's H219458 santa statue. They sent the wrong item. Anyway both going back. I didn't like the tree, it was loud and lights only went halfway up. It also looked better with lights off, and for that price i am not going to keep it. 

Highlighted
Contributor

My mom bought me one of the 20” trees in silver. We unpacked it right away and I have to say—it’s gorgeous. We actually haven’t put it away yet! The light display reaches really far across the ceiling and my kiddos actually say it’s very peaceful when it’s going. Smiley Happy My only complaint is the motor makes a noticeable whirring sound. I don’t think everyone will experience this—I have two of the 16” trees from last year and one of them is silent so I guess it’s luck of the draw—but it was annoying to see they still haven’t sorted out the problem. Especially for the price they’re charging for the larger tree! It’s still beautiful and not so loud that you can hear it across the room or over normal household noises (TV, music, etc) so we will keep it.  

E0D3E2F2-0AAC-4375-A579-28BB1D751B4E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@ohdollypop - Thanks for sharing some comparative details! Do you happen to have your 16" trees available for an in-person evaluation? I'd love to get your thoughts on whether the much-higher price for the 20" tree seems appropriate based on the slight difference in size. (And I also find these trees to be very peaceful—all this talk about them has me tempted to retrieve at least one and set it up now. Smiley Happy )

Respected Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I ordered 2, just recieved  1.....and instead of another tree i got someone's H219458 santa statue. They sent the wrong item. Anyway both going back. I didn't like the tree, it was loud and lights only went halfway up. It also looked better with lights off, and for that price i am not going to keep it. 

Uh oh. I know I have time to make a return, but I guess I better unpack mine and try it out.  I had good luck with two of the 16" last year, but I better check and see if my luck has run out.

Thanks everyone for your comments and reviews.

Contributor

@loriqvc  I didn’t have it out but my storage closet is close by....and I wanted the excuse to look at it again, anyway! 🤣 

I think the silver tree definitely feels more sizable than I expected in comparison, if it helps! I still think $60 is expensive, especially once you factor in shipping. But if it goes on sale.... 2142007A-5ADE-49A0-AA63-9D618AD422D7.jpeg

Contributor

A different angle, if that helps. 54072531-5EB5-406B-8D72-5110A3F72AA3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

i have two of the 16 inch in silver that i purchased last year.

they are beautiful.

definitely one of my favorite purchases of 2018 holiday.

i am going to be so tempted by the 20 inch!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein