Esteemed Contributor

Valerie "As Is" Deer - Bummer!

Well I'm bummed! I saw Valerie's deer with cardinals on "as is" and jumped on them. They arrived today, and NO! Both deer had their antlers broken or cracked and repaired. Large cracks at the base of the antlers. Here's what I thought I bought:

h218112.jpg

Here's what I got:

20180905_193143.jpg

I can't believe they would send these out. Also, the color isn't as white as I thought they would be. But I was good with it. I guess it really was too good to be true. I order "as is" all the time and have only had a problem one time before. Come to think of it, it was with a Valerie item. I'm not completely discouraged, though and will keep looking. But these are no longer available on "as is."

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie "As Is" Deer - Bummer!

No Image Found

I feel your pain. I ordered the flowing ribbon deer as is in champagne but they sent me bronze. I returned them but not sure if I'll reorder.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom That stinks!  I always think about when they say, "Just send 'it' back and we'll exchange 'it'".  

Well, they usually sell out whatever it is so, it's almost like if you REALLY want or like it, you almost have to order two of whatever it is in different sizes because if one doesn't fit...you have the other one.

I've only done that maybe once and then I didn't like it anyway, but good grief!  I decided never again that's way, way too expensive, not to mention dumb on my part.  Ha!

I'm sorry that happened to you.  It must have been broken and sent back because whatever I've gotten has been wrapped up so much and in so many boxes I go crazy trying to get into it.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom- I hope you're sending those back marked "defective".  Even "As Is" items should not arrive broken and repaired.  Not in the original packaging is one thing, but they should still be decent quality.

You should not be charged either original or return shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Yeah. I figure it was sent back as defective and they decided they'd see if I would accept it without bothering to send it back. If something is "as is" it's supposed to be in good shape, but without the original packaging, etc. The problem is, I'm now in love with these deer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@PA Mom-mom- I hope you're sending those back marked "defective".  Even "As Is" items should not arrive broken and repaired.  Not in the original packaging is one thing, but they should still be decent quality.

You should not be charged either original or return shipping.

@Venezia Yes, I'm certainly going to send them back as defective. I have done that in the past and did not get charged for the shiping The deer are so beautiful, it's just a shame.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Sometimes as it gets close Christmas they will repeat some of the shows.

Maybe if enough people liked them, they will get more in.

You have good taste.  They are lovely.

Respected Contributor

I had a similar experience of cracks with the as-is version of the flowing ribbon deer.  I sent them back and asked for them to be replaced, but I they haven't shipped the replacement yet.  If the replacement is as bad as that first set, I will return them and give up.

F39BE0EB-C5A0-4AD6-B31B-968317AD7243.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 Wow! That's bad. Why do they think that will pass muster? I guess I won't get a replacement on an as is item unless they get more back. The original is no longer available, and I don't want to pay the original price.

Honored Contributor

I'd call and get free ship back!