Esteemed Contributor

I hope Valerie gets better Quality control by the time she does her Chrstmas shows....

I got a couple sets of her bunnies and they were very nice, but I am disappointed in this fence....Some of us are repainting them because of the holes on the front....

fence.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Jeez, isn't it crazy to  have to paint something new?

If they were supposed to look weathered, it's a bit much.

I have some things of hers I really like but I have stopped purchasing due to lack of quality in lot of pieces, especially in the last couple of years.  

Regular Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I hope Valerie gets better Quality control by the time she does her Chrstmas shows....

I got a couple sets of her bunnies and they were very nice, but I am disappointed in this fence....Some of us are repainting them because of the holes on the front....

fence.jpg

@Nataliesgramma 

It looks so much better painted. I guess mine will look the same with the nail holes. I haven't received it yet. What kind of paint did you use cause I will want to hide the nail holes too. TIA .

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one years ago at a very nice garden center and it also had the holes.  Mass production assembly line - staples and staples. 

You might consider buying a small jar of nail filler before painting.  Fill holes - let dry and then paint with a semi-gloss paint.

Semi-gloss will give it a slight shine and resist dirt sticking to the fence from rain splashing dirt and mud.

Flat paint is water based and doesn't hold up well in bad weather.

Respected Contributor

Good job on making the fence look 100 times better, but I think it's sad that you have to make repairs to a new item.  

Honored Contributor

If the were trying to make it look "distressed", they highly succeeded. Hard to believe people pay money for that kind of junk.  The wood is even splintered. I would have sent it right back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If the were trying to make it look "distressed", they highly succeeded. Hard to believe people pay money for that kind of junk.  The wood is even splintered. I would have sent it right back. 

You are right...I should have sent it back...I'm not going to "fix" things anymore......learned my lesson.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You are right...I should have sent it back...I'm not going to "fix" things anymore......learned my lesson.

@Nataliesgramma 

Or gone to Hobby Lobby or dollar store they had these picket fences both distressed or unpainted.

I'm sad to see VPH quality going downhill...her pieces are so beautiful on the sets.

Valued Contributor

I hope VPH reads and sees some of her products that are misrepresented. I watched all of her shows and these fences did not look like that when they showed. Terrible how her products have gone downhill. She needs to find better manufacturers. I agree about going to Hobby Lobby for many things she sells. That way you can see in person. Of coarse not all live close to one. I used to have to drive an hour to get to one until one came to our town. I even bought the iridescent bunnies she sold out of in one of her shows at HL for less money.