Honored Contributor
Caught some of their show. I liked the presentations but his excitement wasn't contagious with me. I prefer watching someone less hyper in the evening.
Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed Valerie's show with Alberti and with Jen C.  They both were excited and it made the shows fun to watch.  I will take Alberti laughing, wearing sneakers, and enjoying himself over the swimsuit parade any day.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Rick is wearing sneakers tonight.

@bikerbabe- NO!  Say it wasn't so!!!  What is the world coming to?  Standards are slipping!  It's the end of civilization as we know it.  Woman Surprised

(Alberti must've had a bad effect on him.)  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed every minute of the show, and think they are perfect together. Both are just sweethearts, can't discribe them any better. They were having fun, and so was I, and the setting was gorgeous. They explained everything to a tee and even moved things around rapidly, to show different ideas. I remember thinking this is what QVC used to be like. Kathy Levine, Jeff, and Joan Rivers, precious memories.

Valued Contributor

Agree about how the hosts used tp have fun and that is how I see Alberti and Valerie when they do a show together. They have fun and to me, he is an asset to the shows especially with VPH. He also works well with Martha Stewart and I would say she could be hard to work with. But, she seems to enjoy working with him. Would like to see more male host instead of some they are promoting nowadays. Cannot watch a lot of the new ones they are bringing on.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say, seeing Alberti tonight with Jim Shore, I see a completely different person. I can now see that he was stepping into the background with Valerie; but, with Jim Shore he has to take more of a lead to draw him out. And it's working. I am tending to agree with those of you who tried to tell me he knows what he's doing. I still liked Carolyn with Valerie, but I get what you were saying.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie and Alberti

[ Edited ]

@nomar wrote:

Agree about how the hosts used tp have fun and that is how I see Alberti and Valerie when they do a show together. They have fun and to me, he is an asset to the shows especially with VPH. He also works well with Martha Stewart and I would say she could be hard to work with. But, she seems to enjoy working with him. Would like to see more male host instead of some they are promoting nowadays. Cannot watch a lot of the new ones they are bringing on.

Martha and Valerie have both expressed how much they like working with Alberti. So what if he giggles a little too much and wears sneakers. He's a breath of fresh air!

Respected Contributor

In my opinion they should use Mary Beth or Dan Hughes with Valerie - seasoned decorators who are calm and can take a step back.  Rick would be the worst to pair with Valerie. His hyperactive sales techniques are a turn off. Same with Rachel who is talking faster and faster. I worry that the folksy hosts like Mary Beth and Dan may not be tolerated by current management

Valued Contributor

Sure hope you are wrong about not using hosts that are calm, speak slowly and clearly, do not hog the show and have some maturity about them. I am not caring for a lot of the new trending ones being promoted now. What is wrong with having some mature hosts? Nothing in my book. Something for everyone. Don't need upbeat, hyper, noisy hosts all of the time. And I think those that watch the experienced well-spoken hosts probably spend as much as the younger set....maybe more.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Valerie and Alberti...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”