Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie and Alberti

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

I so want to watch Valerie's show tonight, but cannot watch Alberti.  I've tried, but there is just too much giggling and laughing at nothing and the over exaggerated gasps........can't take it.  Yes, a channel changer for sure.

@Patriot3  Yep, he is about on my last nerve too with that incessant giggling and exaggerted excitement....could not stand him any longer, had to turn off the show, overdosed on him after watching him with Jen Coffey and had enough of his foolishness!

Trusted Contributor

I've never paid that much attention to him because of the giggilng, but I left it on, and the hard sell was more irritating than the giggiling.  The two of them together came across so phony.

Honored Contributor

I think every host has their own special quirks.  All you do is change the channel and call it a day.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Sometimes I just have to laugh --

I have read so many people say the hosts talk over the guests.  They want to hear what the person who brought the product has to say.  Last year people were upset about Jill talking over VPH.

Now people are wondering why Alberti didn't come up with ideas.  Why is he just following along with what VPH is saying and doing?

There doesn't seem to be a way to please everyone.

I watched the show and thought Alberti did great.  He did have some ideas and even VPH complimented him.  He kept to what a host is suppposed to do and gave prices, colors and quantities available. 

I can't imagine VPH doing a show solo.  You need someone to listen to the control room and keep up with the time and how many are left.  You also need someone to jump in if there is a moment of silence.  I think Alberti accomplished it all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie and Alberti

[ Edited ]

Mizrahi wears sneaks also.....just different styles/taste in fashion.  

Respected Contributor

I like Alberti too & I think he picked up the giggling habit on the Beauty IQ channel...when hosts bother me I know I've been watching too much & that's on me, not them.

Respected Contributor

I just love Alberti and find him very knowledgeable about home style.  He is always entertaining to me!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Alberti....but he just seemed too silly and loud for me last night.....

I did change the channel.

Honored Contributor

I had all I could do to get through the VPH show with JC.  Quickly turned off Alberti.  Not my favorite hosts.  

Esteemed Contributor

So what if these people giggle and wear sneakers. I look at it this way. A person has to do time (by time I mean they have to work) somewhere. Why not make it fun when you can. As long as the job gets done and management is good with it why not. One of the best jobs I ever had was where we laughed a lot, wore jeans and sneakers and generally got along and liked each other. I also had a job where every minute of every day had to be accounted on a spreadsheet, we weren’t allowed to talk unless we were on break and everyone was miserable and didn’t stay long. I’ll pick a job where I can have fun anytime.