Valued Contributor

I do believe Valerie goes to vendor shows and might have something tailored for her line.  Otherwise some of her things have been sold elsewhere.

Like The Lakeside Collection has a set of 2 Christmas candlesticks that were the identical ones sold under Valerie's line for QVC.

Honored Contributor

I have to laugh when she refers to her items as "my design" or "when I designed this piece."

Esteemed Contributor

You can find some of the same things at Hobby Lobby too...

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Nataliesgramma  I did see her snow globe lantern there two years ago. The price was a bit higher than when it was TSV on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Nataliesgramma  I did see her snow globe lantern there two years ago. The price was a bit higher than when it was TSV on QVC.

I saw the snow globes at Hobby Lobby also but I think that they were not on a timer. For illuminated items the timer makes all the difference to me. And I do remember the price being comparable to QVC's.

Contributor

and prices can be radically different. Someone on Ebay has the gingerbread Mrs. Claus (now sold out on QVC) for almost three hundred dollars. I think I paid fifty-five on QVC. Both are Raz imports is my guess.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy  and @busymom22  I checked out the Atlanta show that Valerie attends in January. The products sold by David Christopher's look so much like Valerie's. I think I spotted one or two picks that looked very familiar. The David Christopher's decorated trees are amazing!

Valued Contributor
Everything comes from a few main suppliers, and some companies take it a step further & add their own twist by changing a color scheme or something similar if they have the buying power to do so. But nothing Valerie sells is made or designed by her. You can Google any of her products & find it elsewhere, usually for a much cheaper price than on Q. Or go to a local or national craft store/home goods store & you'll find the exact same thing. The beauty of .the internet is that you don't have to dig far to be able to price comparison shop for most things. I'm not taking a dig at her items, just dispelling the myth that her items are ONLY available on the Q at the Q prices.

I'm in the business (part time) on a much much smaller scale & am trying to clear out inventory at this point rather than buy as much as I had been. But I have 20+ years experience at spotting mass made in China "home decor" products-regardless of what a "designer" might claim to be their own "exclusive" design or product.
Respected Contributor

Also, I noticed that the "Country Door" catalog carries items that are very similar to Valerie's.

Honored Contributor

I see Valeries, Mr Christmas, and other lines sold at Home Goods.