Valerie Please include Black Santa’s

Valerie, I am watching your Santa presentation, you have 4 decorative Santa figurines, yet none of them are black. Please add Black Santa’s to your collection for your loyal fans. Thank you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Please include Black Santa’s

@LongIsland Girl  Will you buy the black Santa or are you just wanting her to include more ethnicities of Santas?

I think a female Santa would be good, too.

Not just the Santa Claus & his wife.

Santa Claus seems like it could be either gender.

I think there is definitely room for expansion in a line of Santa & Snow people!

Respected Contributor

If she has a qvc facebook page you may want to leave the suggestion to her there. 

I totally agree with your suggestion, but also think Ms Parr Hill has been in the business long enough where she should have considered variety in her stuff.   

Honored Contributor

That's a great suggestion, @LongIsland Girl .   By the way, if anyone wants to see a really beautiful collection of black Santas and angels, "The Frugalnista" has shown her own personal collections, gathered over many years, in her Christmas decorating videos.  Just google frugalnista and they should pop up.

Super Contributor

Santa can not be either gender.  Santa is a man.

Respected Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

@fingerlakesny  Very well said!  Santa is definitely a man.

Occasional Contributor

It has been suggested to her on her Facebook page about including black items HSN during they Christmas in July show had a beautiful black Santa as a todays value by Mr. Christmas Leslie sister was presenting it

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@fingerlakesny wrote:

The trend now is "all inclusive"  Gender and race seem to be interchangeable. I am a traditionalist and will remain so.  If people want to buy these pieces that is their choice

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@fingerlakesny wrote:

The trend now is "all inclusive"  Gender and race seem to be interchangeable. I am a traditionalist and will remain so.  If people want to buy these pieces that is their choice

Gender is not interchangeable on Santa Claus.  Santa Claus is a man.  Santa Claus can be black or white and should be represented as both.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I think there should be brown, black, and white Santas, angels, and other holiday figures such as children who are playing in the snow, people singing, etc.

While I am a feminist, I think Santa is a male.  I mean no offense to anyone, it's JMO.