Respected Contributor

If I were in the market, and I'm just not (I have more Christmas things than I need...a lot of sentimental, vintage things, as well, from childhood, mom, grandmom)....I see in my Home Goods the most beautiful array of items...same kinds of things sold in Valerie's shows for half the price. I know many others say the same thing here, and it's so true.

And after a while...howwww many mercury balls and bottle brush trees do you need?! lol. Although I follow a Vintage Christmas collector's group on FB and oy...those people NEVER stop buying...interesting to see the items, but I don't know where they put and store it all!

And I swear to myself...much as I love the winter glow of flameless candles and decor that lights up...I cannot buy another battery operated item!! Hard enough to keep up with the battery usage as it is.

On that note...happy decorating. ps. and btw...at this point the whole thing seems daunting and I'm debating on whether I'll keep it more simple this year...I'll see how I feel after Thanksgiving, like I always do. Some years I do it all up and enjoy it...other years I do less.

Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

My Dh & I are on a road trip in VA.  We are planning to go to the QVC Outlet Store in Lancaster, PA tomorrow.    I was there about 5 years ago and the clothing was a disappointment.  I have been there 4 or 5 times previously, so it will be interesting.

Glenda

@twinny70 Please share your comments regarding the outlet. I have not been to the Frazier outlet in about 2 years. Went last week and it was a huge disappointment. The outlets would have onair price and outlet price on the items. Then there would be signs up with an additional 30-50% off on top of that.....it was fantastic. Well, now it is just the outlet price and nothing additional off. Not really worth the trip for me anymore.

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

@twinny70 An afterthought. Google At Home Lancaster, Pa. I do not know what you were looking for at the outlet but this is an amazing 50,000 sq ft store. The one in Lancaster is about 5 miles past the Q outlet. You will be in aw of the place. All homegoods and seasonal items. 

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@twinny70 An afterthought. Google At Home Lancaster, Pa. I do not know what you were looking for at the outlet but this is an amazing 50,000 sq ft store. The one in Lancaster is about 5 miles past the Q outlet. You will be in aw of the place. All homegoods and seasonal items. 

Ohhh.....that place sounds like trouble. 🤣😉

Esteemed Contributor

I still like buying Valerie's deer...I just have to hold my breath they they don't come broken.

Same with her Angels.....

Super Contributor

Cheap china overprice junk

Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

If you want really nice Christmas things, try Ballards, pottery barn, williams sonoma, maybe Macys. It is sad her stuff has become so cheap, I still have some of her nicer things purchased years ago. Whoever  her buyer is,  they are not doing a good job.

Frequent Contributor

@ValuSkr - I bought the Set of (2) 5" x 15' Pleated Ribbon Set by Valerie  

in Red and also in White - it is gorgeous on the Christmas Tree when using it as a garland and our Christmas Tree is only 6 1/2 foot. I also just purchased Set of 3 2.5" x 15' Stretchable Glitter Ribbon by Valerie

in Gold and in Silver that too is also gorgeous, plus the width stretches. All these ribbons can be used in a vareity of different ways - garlands, gift packages, large flower centerpieces/arrangements, on a mantel, stairways, etc.

Love all of them and when they go on sale again will be ordering more colors.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I still like buying Valerie's deer...I just have to hold my breath they they don't come broken.

Same with her Angels.....

Those are pretty. Hopefully arrive in tact!

Super Contributor

You can eazily work with that type of ribbon because you can get it to fit the way you want it. I use to work in a flower shop years ago and people paid us to make those things for them, the roll of ribbon was expensive on top making the item. I fine that Q and Valerie are getting things and selling them  far beyond whole sale prices. They have to buy in the thousands just to get a price break, even though we think it is cheap and crapy.