Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill sneak peek & shows - times/schedule

Hey @Susan Louise, I agree with you that it would be hard to improve upon that vignette of yours, even though the new s/2 VPH similar deer also look good.  Nice to see you.  It's been a while.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just watched Valerie's video on FB and there wasn't a single piece that tempted me...not a one. For those who like whimsey, have young children or grand kids, there was a lot of decor to choose from. Smiley Happy

There was a reindeer pair that was cute, but we already have a wonderful pair of Valerie's I got 'as is' 4-5 yrs ago (pic below). That is just an example of how I look at all the new decor now...'is it something better than what I already have?'

So far, I have been able to say no for everything presented.

P4480712.JPG

@Susan Louise 

I didn't care for any items also, no clean / artistic lines on any pieces, essentially nothing outside of whimsical pieces.  Clearly the gingerbread / pink / blue / figural items must be big sellers?  Or may a diverse supply wasn't available as much last as prior years.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Hey @Susan Louise, I agree with you that it would be hard to improve upon that vignette of yours, even though the new s/2 VPH similar deer also look good.  Nice to see you.  It's been a while.  

@SHOPR  So nice to see you too! Smiley Happy

Where are you on the 'buying more decor' scale? I never thought I'd be where I'm currently at now, but no complaints. I will still enjoy the shows as always.

I miss a lot of our fellowship that I haven't seen post anymore......like @lucymo . I wonder if anyone has heard from her.

Respected Contributor

Well, apparently the problems with not being able to view the sneak peek on facebook has been fixed. I did see the video and the pictures.

I agree about the type of items - just too much gingerbread and cutesy items. And I do not need any more candles, pedestals or spheres.

I will be watching though!

Respected Contributor

I was hoping the iridescent house would return. I think they were cream or blush. Simple lines, mantel friendly. Sold all my gingerbread years ago.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just watched Valerie's video on FB and there wasn't a single piece that tempted me...not a one. For those who like whimsey, have young children or grand kids, there was a lot of decor to choose from. Smiley Happy

There was a reindeer pair that was cute, but we already have a wonderful pair of Valerie's I got 'as is' 4-5 yrs ago (pic below). That is just an example of how I look at all the new decor now...'is it something better than what I already have?'

So far, I have been able to say no for everything presented.

P4480712.JPG

@Susan Louise 

I didn't care for any items also, no clean / artistic lines on any pieces, essentially nothing outside of whimsical pieces.  Clearly the gingerbread / pink / blue / figural items must be big sellers?  Or may a diverse supply wasn't available as much last as prior years.  

@rockygems123  I agree about the gingerbread...big sellers and you are probably right on your other point about lack of offerings available too.

Last year I only bought a few items.. My favorite was H224300 and ordered 3 - Snowman, Santa & Church

I adore these pieces...love how it reminds me of the old vintage Christmas cards. I put out all 3 last year.

Here's one of them...

P5260741.JPG

Contributor

Some of Valerie's items can be purchased right now. So if you are looking, go and seee if your favorites are already there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  So nice to see you too! Smiley Happy

Where are you on the 'buying more decor' scale? I never thought I'd be where I'm currently at now, but no complaints. I will still enjoy the shows as always.

I miss a lot of our fellowship that I haven't seen post anymore......like @lucymo . I wonder if anyone has heard from her.

@Susan Louise , I have not been regularly reading the forum, and I'm not sure if lucymo still visits.  Maybe people will be drawn in to say hi here as the month continues.  I hope so!  

As for where I am with no more decor, I've been saying no more for several years.  Problem is, I usually end up buying an item or two from VPH every year anyway.  I don't go crazy with my buying, though, so I somehow convince myself to just get them, each and every time.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, @SHOPR.  Good to see you posting.  I have a new nickname because my account got messed up, but now I don't remember what my old nickname was.  My email was forqvconly so maybe that will help you recognize me.  I think we all go through phases when we buy more decor or less.  I've been in the less-decor mode for a few years now.    That doesn't stop me from buying one or two items each year that take my fancy.

I really like having the preview videos by VPH.  I no longer watch any of the shows, so being able  to see what will be offered and make any selections early is very helpful.  I miss your sneak peeks, though.  That was so much fun to get your emails and anticipate upcoming items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Hi, @SHOPR.  Good to see you posting.  I have a new nickname because my account got messed up, but now I don't remember what my old nickname was.  My email was forqvconly so maybe that will help you recognize me.  I think we all go through phases when we buy more decor or less.  I've been in the less-decor mode for a few years now.    That doesn't stop me from buying one or two items each year that take my fancy.

I really like having the preview videos by VPH.  I no longer watch any of the shows, so being able  to see what will be offered and make any selections early is very helpful.  I miss your sneak peeks, though.  That was so much fun to get your emails and anticipate upcoming items.

@Marsha2003, I am so glad you told me who you are, because I would not have known.  You are Mar....003, right?

In a way, I do miss doing all that searching for and sharing of the upcoming items, but I am so glad that Valerie now does her video sneak peeks from her home and then shows the photo album.  I watch live very little because something usually interrupts, but I often look for Valerie's sneak peek videos and view them, and rewind or pause if I need a better look at something. 

Nice to "see" you.