Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's new sneak peek...

@Susan Louise   Thanks for the link.

I see several items I am interested in. I don't need anything else......but I say that every single year. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It's all pretty but do I need new things? No.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl 

I was shocked at myself too!  Nothing called my name.  I wonder if that's a sign I finally am cured from buying holiday (and seasonal) decor🤔

I went to Home Goods, Hobby Lobby & At Home this week I didn't buy a thing.  I'm sure there's definitely something wrong with me🤷‍♀️😉

Super Contributor

I held back for a while--but I ordered Vallery Parr Hill's pastel gingerbread house for myself and one for both my granddaughters--unfortunately they are on back order--they are so cute--I ordered the pink "love" house--can't wait to get them and after I do I will order many of the accessories like the cute gingerbread boy/girl--and I'm thinking of ordering Mr. Christmas small battery operated pink or white xmas tress that look like they have jelly beans for lights--that will be the start of my collection if I get those houses--for my granddaughters I always make for them a Gingerbread house BUT for some reason it never looks that good!--so now they will have a collection to take out every year---------------mary nj 7/28/19

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Me too.I went to Hobby Lobby, which is normally a sure bet for me this time of year, and left with nothing ! Wonder if it’s possible we have actually reached a saturation point !🤔

Respected Contributor

As many do I like the pedestal lamp post (really a lantern) but I have several of the Luminara lanterns in this style, with a removable candle, and I can decorate them myself.

Also like the beaded fruit and jungle bell candle rings but if I buy two sets of each it comes to $100 - maybe I'm just getting cheap!

I also like the snow table runner but common sense tells me I can do better on the price for something similar.

Heck, I like a lot of stuff but I keep thinking back to last year when I did a purge of my decor cupboards of stuff I bought too hastily and then didn't want anymore.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

This is a first for me , I purchased nothing this entire CIJ.

I wonder if I can keep this up....we shall see.

@Azcowgirl   There are months of shows ahead, lol.  I am pretty much saturated, have many beautiful items to rotate, but I do still buy branches, picks, clips, that sort of decor, to enhance what I already have.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan Louise I totally agree nothing from this future visit interests me. It seems everything minus the gingerbread is very woodland oriented and that is not my style. I'm not sure what I expected but I didn't expect not to be interested in anything! That's okay I bought a good amount on the first July visit.

I tried the tsv style tree at least 5 years back at HSN. That purchase was a single table top tree with the lights clear and no functions. The tree did come with pieces to add to the lights for holidays including eggs, fall leaves, and bulbs for Christmas.

I bought the tree it could either plug in or battery. After a short while it blew. I asked for a replacement the second one blew. There was nothing wrong on our end. The paper that makes up the trunk also started to unravel. After that I wouldn't try one of these style trees again.