Honored Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill's new sneak peek...

[ Edited ]

Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2399432830140991&type=3&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCO1Eipe9oZNSZO...

I am gobsmacked...nothing interests me whatsoever. So even by the end of the month long CIJ event, I only ordered the bronze holy family and the 3' multi glistening tree. It has been over a decade since I ordered such a small amount of holiday decor during that period.

Additionally, I'm thrilled to bits that I can just sit back and just enjoy the shows.

Regular Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's new sneak peek...

Thank you for the link!  The only thing that interests me is the pedestal lantern, I could use two of them to flank my MacKenzie Childs cake dishes.  Depending on the price that may be my only purchase from this visit. 

Respected Contributor

If I decorated with gingerbread or pastels, I would be excited, but I think I'm finished buying, too.  I like that pedestal lantern's shape, but I would want to change the ribbon and the candle, so it's not a good value for me.

Thanks for posting the link, @Susan Louise 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I'm safe also from this latest selection.  I think the snowman holding the outstretched garland is really cute, along with the entire flocked berry collection, none of which I need.

I'm surprised that I'm not interested in the vintage children or the joy sign, but they are not tempting me.

I still may get the glistening 5 ft multi tree, even though I'm disappointed in no free shipping so far on this supposedly special weekend.  

Lastly, I am so curious to see the new color seafoam green in the Mr. Christmas 24" plug-in ceramic tree.   It could be adorable...or...not!  LOL

Trusted Contributor

I bought the Peppermint tree. I think it will look cute with the rest of my gingerbread houses. I didn't know that you could buy anything now. I thought you had to wait until the presentation. Good to know.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

If I decorated with gingerbread or pastels, I would be excited, but I think I'm finished buying, too.  I like that pedestal lantern's shape, but I would want to change the ribbon and the candle, so it's not a good value for me.

Thanks for posting the link, @Susan Louise 

@Marsha2003  It is definitely gingerbread overload, but there are a lot of collectors that will scoop up what is offered. 

I agree about the lantern. I don't like the decor it comes with either. I also don't like the candle. Unfortunately it's affixed and a Luminara candle can't be put inside instead.

Thankfully I have no shortage of Luminara lanterns anyway...LOL

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I bought the Peppermint tree. I think it will look cute with the rest of my gingerbread houses. I didn't know that you could buy anything now. I thought you had to wait until the presentation. Good to know.

They are saying sold out on things, which means you can't buy till they are presented. So you have to hope your watching when what you want is presented. 

Respected Contributor

This is a first for me , I purchased nothing this entire CIJ.

I wonder if I can keep this up....we shall see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

This is a first for me , I purchased nothing this entire CIJ.

I wonder if I can keep this up....we shall see.

@Azcowgirl Just don't do what I did last year.  After buying almost nothing during CIJ, I kept checking the as-is section.  Items that I didn't purchase during CIJ because of the prices were now discounted and reasonable and so much more tempting.

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@sweetee2 wrote:

They are saying sold out on things, which means you can't buy till they are presented. So you have to hope your watching when what you want is presented. 

@HLP and @sweetee2 - When VPH items are not yet available and listed as "sold out" in the interim, just check the "New" section of the website (or the specific item numbers) around 1:00 a.m. ET each day after Valerie's preview—you do not need to wait for the specific item presentation, just the presentation date, to order.