Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's Sneak Peek for 10/17...

I really loved the look of of the panel so I went ahead and ordered the gold - yes very expensive but I haven't bought too much in the way of new decor this year. I had considered two but at that price one will have to do - maybe if it shows up in "as is" I'll consider another one.

Regular Contributor

@Kitty Galorewell I caved and purchased the screen in gold.  Kept looking at it and decided to cut out drive though coffee's and justified the purchase (like that is going to happen)!  I have no control.  When she shows them this afternoon if I like another one better I will order it and give this one to my niece for her Christmas gift.  Now I'm waiting impatiently to see what happens and when it is delivered.  Hope you get what you love!

Esteemed Contributor

@aunt bea  And @froggy    Great !   I'm sure your going to love the screens when they arrive !    My only dilemma is what color ??!   I wish that a photo of each color would come up ,   But still says coming soon😕.    I can do either gold, silver, or black depending on what I use it with.   Seeing it would really help though.  The gold does seem like a light gold almost champagne which I would want.  guess have to wait till 4:00 !    Hopefully I can make up my mind quick  !    😺

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I found one item in Valerie's last evening's show, and bought several in different colors to add to arrangements, set of eight glistening sprigs/branches, never know what to call this type of item, and have forgotten what Valerie calls them.

@mousiegirl wrote:

I found one item in Valerie's last evening's show, and bought several in different colors to add to arrangements, set of eight glistening sprigs/branches, never know what to call this type of item, and have forgotten what Valerie calls them.

@mousiegirl I saw those and think they are so pretty and can be used in many ways!   Would get gold and silver 😺😺

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl I saw those and think they are so pretty and can be used in many ways!   Would get gold and silver 😺😺

@Kitty Galore   I bought white, red, and silver, white and red for my gingerbread/candy display.

Honored Contributor

I loved that nativity in the traditional but was too slow and it was sold out.....I'll check "as is" to see if someone returns....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I loved that nativity in the traditional but was too slow and it was sold out.....I'll check "as is" to see if someone returns....

@Spurt   I thought that was very pretty, too, @Spurt .  I have several nativities though.  I don't decorate for Christmas very much anymore, but I do put a couple of small nativities out.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt   I thought that was very pretty, too, @Spurt .  I have several nativities though.  I don't decorate for Christmas very much anymore, but I do put a couple of small nativities out.

@NickNack 

Well your navities are the perfect touch and  the "reason for the season"......so you dont need more than that.....

I have an old nativity with chalkware figures and I love it....of course I'm all into vintage....

UPDATE---someone must have canceled Valerie's nativity or had it in their cart and time expired because I got it afterall...at least I hope so...there have been stories of orders going through and QVC later contacting and saying...sorry sold out....so I'll keep my fingers crossed....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

well I ended up getting the silver to go with the ivory nativity. I loved how well they looked together.  I can use it the rest of the year in back of other items.  I also broke down and bought the black as well   Loved how the colors  came alive in the black ,plus I have a lot of black in our home .   I have a collection of black andwhite harlequin Christmas items to put with it,  Mackenzie Child's courtly check pattern.   I do feel they are pricey and hope they are as beautiful as they looked on air when they arrive.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NickNack 

Well your navities are the perfect touch and  the "reason for the season"......so you dont need more than that.....

I have an old nativity with chalkware figures and I love it....of course I'm all into vintage....

UPDATE---someone must have canceled Valerie's nativity or had it in their cart and time expired because I got it afterall...at least I hope so...there have been stories of orders going through and QVC later contacting and saying...sorry sold out....so I'll keep my finger crossed....

I hope you really do get it @Spurt !

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau