Honored Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill holy family w/cathedral mirror...

[ Edited ]

...the one she had in her sneak peek has been posted for ordering for those interested...H220112.

I was surprised since I thought QVC/VPH would make folks wait to be able to order it for Sunday's shows.

I have warmed up to this piece and I am having a hard time deciding between them. Both the bronze and champagne choices are beautiful!

For those on the fence about this piece, take into consideration that this was one of the top 'liked/loved' pieces in VPH's sneak peek. Additionally, I highly doubt that it will be offered again/restocked later this year before the holidays. 

I remember when I got the fabulous peace nativity last year. Once it sold out, that was it...and it sold out fast. (H217036).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill holy family w/cathedral mirror...

@Susan Louise  I caved in this morning and ordered the Bronze. It was a hard choice. 

I enlarged the photo and looked at the backs of the figures reflected in the mirror. To me the colors and details stood out more in the bronze.

I have her large mirror but it’s really too tall on an oriental bar in my foyer. This new one will be the right size.  I’ll place the large one under the spiral staircase to reflect candles. They will seem to match more with the bronze even with the large mirror being gold it’s far away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

@Susan Louise  I caved in this morning and ordered the Bronze. It was a hard choice. 

I enlarged the photo and looked at the backs of the figures reflected in the mirror. To me the colors and details stood out more in the bronze.

I have her large mirror but it’s really too tall on an oriental bar in my foyer. This new one will be the right size.  I’ll place the large one under the spiral staircase to reflect candles. They will seem to match more with the bronze even with the large mirror being gold it’s far away.

@1Snickers  I'm leaning toward the bronze. I love the peace nativity I got last year and that one is 'champagne', so that makes the decision a bit easier.

Trusted Contributor

Love it.  Only thing keeping me from ordering is I already have so many nativity pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Love it.  Only thing keeping me from ordering is I already have so many nativity pieces.

@yellowrose  I really like the fact that it is one piece...much like the peace nativity I got last year.

I also just remembered I also have the illuminated champagne angel (H215142) with the holy family. I usually display that angel in our bookcase in the kitchen (pic below).

So after just ordering the bronze holy family today, that's it...LOL. I will have plenty in various sizes to suit all my decorating needs.

There are many nativity sets folks have that are fabulous...like sentimental ones that they have had in their family for years or their own personal favorites.

How many nativity/holy family sets do you think you have? Smiley Happy

angel.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise   I caved when I looked at it again after seeing your post since I am afraid it will sell out.  It is the right size for me.  I chose the darker color.

The listing has the measurements wrong and supposedly it will be corrected, per the answer to a question that was posed.  They had the height as 2 and 1/2 inches instead of 12 and 1/2!

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Susan Louise   I caved when I looked at it again after seeing your post since I am afraid it will sell out.  It is the right size for me.  I chose the darker color.

The listing has the measurements wrong and supposedly it will be corrected, per the answer to a question that was posed.  They had the height as 2 and 1/2 inches instead of 12 and 1/2!

@aroc3435  You are wise to have ordered it now and the darker color is the bronze.

I also noticed that there was a typo with the height of the piece and thought the same as you on it being 12 1/2".

Now we can sit back and relax when we see the presentation Smiley Happy

Funny part for me is that I tried to figure out why I wasn't interested in the piece initially. Perhaps it's because I bought the peace nativity last year and I want to keep from ordering anything unless I know I will use it for many years.

So with the 'multi' 3' glistening tree and this holy family piece, I think I'm done buying decor for this year.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise   I'm so glad you posted the info that prodded me to go ahead and order it.  Thank you so much.  

And now, like you, I hope I'm done with ordering specifically Christmas decorations, but I can't swear to that.  I'll still keep my eyes open.

Mostly I'm trying to concentrate on getting food and gifts if they are fairly unique.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  My children and grandchildren each have their own nativity that I purchased when they were all babies.  So that's 7, then I have a one that the kids can play with, it's made with plush figures, I have my very special hand made one that I put where no hands can reach. Hubby and I got this one for our first Christmas.  And then I have the one from my childhood. Those are all the larger ones.  I have a few one piece smaller ones, and no idea how many nativity ornaments.  Then of course there are my Jim Shore pieces with nativity scenes.  I'm counting 4 of those from memory.

One more wouldn't hurt, would it?  Woman LOL  If that Angel with spinning scene

was cheaper I probably couldn't resist. 

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@Susan Louise  My children and grandchildren each have their own nativity that I purchased when they were all babies.  So that's 7, then I have a one that the kids can play with, it's made with plush figures, I have my very special hand made one that I put where no hands can reach. Hubby and I got this one for our first Christmas.  And then I have the one from my childhood. Those are all the larger ones.  I have a few one piece smaller ones, and no idea how many nativity ornaments.  Then of course there are my Jim Shore pieces with nativity scenes.  I'm counting 4 of those from memory.

One more wouldn't hurt, would it?  Woman LOL  If that Angel with spinning scene

was cheaper I probably couldn't resist. 

@yellowrose  Wow! That is quite the collection. They are all special...each in their own way. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy