Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill 'as is'...

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

Here is a photo of one of the (set of 2)pedestals I received today, both perfect. I am showing it with one of the doves. I will be using a candlering with it, but haven't dug them out of my stash yet. Thanks again for the help @ChiliPepper.

I haven't decided yet whether I will actually light them up. So far, in daylight, I like them without using the batteries. We'll see.

pedestal with dove.jpg

@Snicks1  Glad you got two good pedestals.  Did you get any of the square ones  before the round ones came out?   I have several colors in that shape too.  If memory serves correctly, they were $20 in 'as is' too.

@lucymo, I did not get any of the square pedestals. I couldn't, at the time, decide if I wanted them, so ultimately just didn't order. I don't really have a lot of space to use them, so had to make the decision to make myself say no. lol

@Snicks1  My, how you have changed.  lol  Back in the day when we had will power and could say no, now those were the days.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

Here is a photo of one of the (set of 2)pedestals I received today, both perfect. I am showing it with one of the doves. I will be using a candlering with it, but haven't dug them out of my stash yet. Thanks again for the help @ChiliPepper.

I haven't decided yet whether I will actually light them up. So far, in daylight, I like them without using the batteries. We'll see.

pedestal with dove.jpg

@Snicks1  Glad you got two good pedestals.  Did you get any of the square ones  before the round ones came out?   I have several colors in that shape too.  If memory serves correctly, they were $20 in 'as is' too.

@lucymo, I did not get any of the square pedestals. I couldn't, at the time, decide if I wanted them, so ultimately just didn't order. I don't really have a lot of space to use them, so had to make the decision to make myself say no. lol

@Snicks1  My, how you have changed.  lol  Back in the day when we had will power and could say no, now those were the days.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo, Lol, isn't that the truth! There was a time I could talk sense into myself. That seems to have left me.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  Did you get the Pearl glass trees?  I have them in Pearl and the gold.  I really like them, especially the pearl, goes in so many different kinds of decor. 

@lucymo  Yes, I ordered a set of the 'as is' trees in 'pearl' a few days ago and agree that they will be very versatile..which was the main reason why I ordered them.

In the past, I only ordered 2 other sets of glass trees and sadly only used them once since they were just too elegant in design to fit into any other vignette I made or thought of. In fact, everything in the pic below was given to charity the following year (2015)...the plastic leaf pics, angel, red & gold glass trees and the MG finials all went to Goodwill. 

A lesson learned for sure! When I bought all the pieces, I certainly believed I would have used them more than once. I now make sure that is one of the top reasons why I buy a new piece of decor. I must be able to think of several uses.

With the new pearl trees, I can visualize them amongst other trees I already have and will mix in well Smiley Happy

P1500635.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  Did you get the Pearl glass trees?  I have them in Pearl and the gold.  I really like them, especially the pearl, goes in so many different kinds of decor. 

@lucymo  Yes, I ordered a set of the 'as is' trees in 'pearl' a few days ago and agree that they will be very versatile..which was the main reason why I ordered them.

In the past, I only ordered 2 other sets of glass trees and sadly only used them once since they were just too elegant in design to fit into any other vignette I made or thought of. In fact, everything in the pic below was given to charity the following year (2015)...the plastic leaf pics, angel, red & gold glass trees and the MG finials all went to Goodwill. 

A lesson learned for sure! When I bought all the pieces, I certainly believed I would have used them more than once. I now make sure that is one of the top reasons why I buy a new piece of decor. I must be able to think of several uses.

With the new pearl trees, I can visualize them amongst other trees I already have and will mix in well Smiley Happy

P1500635.JPG

@Susan Louise  I had those trees too but not sure if they were in the last donation.  Honestly, I didn't care that much for them.  The red wasn't really red and the design in the gold glitter just didn't work for me at the time.  I go in Goodwill  sometimes looking for pieces that can be cleaned and refinished and I can say I've never seen anything like what you have in the picture.  I believe if it makes it to the floor it is snatched up immediately. 

I think you'll be pleased with the pearl.  They can be elegant or used in other themes, I believe.  They can be those special pieces.  I am doing our DR in white magnolias this year so hoping to use some of my white pieces in there. it isn't a really large room and not a lot of flat space other than the dining table.  Since we use the table at least once a week in time leading up to the holidays I will decorate it quite a few times.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

pedestal with dove.jpg

@lucymo, Lol, isn't that the truth! There was a time I could talk sense into myself. That seems to have left me.

@Snicks1  You're hanging out with the wrong crowd to practice any will power.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Some great 'as is' available today...

the pineapple lamp - H212047

the snowflake picks - H213862

the glistning snowman - H214883

Honored Contributor

It looks like ALL 'as is' for a limited time is on 3 easy pays...

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise- I got two of the pineapple lamps on your recommendation when they first showed up in "as is" and I love them!  They are on my mantle, and will eventually be replaced with Valerie's buffet lamps.

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Susan Louise- I got two of the pineapple lamps on your recommendation when they first showed up in "as is" and I love them!  They are on my mantle, and will eventually be replaced with Valerie's buffet lamps.

@DecorDiva  Then what will be your plans for the pineapple lamps?