Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek for Friday, 7-29-2016

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

It is so boring to see old items when your hoping for New!  Looking forwRd to tomorrow nights show and I hope it's not dissapointing.   Would love to see a new ornament set like the one LR brought a couple years ago.  They were very high end and in 3 color combinations would like to get more.  I remember Lisa saying thst valerie helped her with choosing them.  I wAnt to see more elegant offerings.  

@Kitty Galore

QVC has left a real hole in their decor offerings since Lisa left and they didn't carry on with that style. It appeared to be very popular, a number of things would sell out and be heavily requested to come back, but for some reason, Q seems to have abandoned that style of decor. 

They have Alberti, who would seem the perfect and natural choice to step right into those shows and that style, yet they let the opportunity pass this year. I wouldn't even see why Valerie herself couldn't have some shows that were all around that more elegant style during the holiday season. Q just seems to go out of their way not to use the talent they have in those two people to not only continue that style of offerings but expand upon it to beyond the holiday season decor.

Just can't understand what they are thinking.

@Mominohio  I don't believe QVC is thinking.  I'll just keep my money and look elsewhere for the style that I like.

Why do they think we all want whimsey?  It's great if people have young children but some of us want an elegant line, kids have grown up.  This is a bad year for us Holiday forum folks, so far anyway.

@lucymo  "It's only just begun...."  Smiley Happy  Remember this song, don't give up yet!

Trusted Contributor

I'm also missing the more elegant decorations. In my living room I like to dress it up more. LR decore was so beautiful way beyond what you would find at your local stores and she even would show us ideas on how to decorate with them. I miss Valerie's set decorated up more elegantly. I remember in the past it looked beautiful. Now it just the cheap junk. Some of her venyets look like they just grab what ever they could find. Sorry I was just so looking forward to CIJ I'm really disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

It is so boring to see old items when your hoping for New!  Looking forwRd to tomorrow nights show and I hope it's not dissapointing.   Would love to see a new ornament set like the one LR brought a couple years ago.  They were very high end and in 3 color combinations would like to get more.  I remember Lisa saying thst valerie helped her with choosing them.  I wAnt to see more elegant offerings.  

@Kitty Galore

QVC has left a real hole in their decor offerings since Lisa left and they didn't carry on with that style. It appeared to be very popular, a number of things would sell out and be heavily requested to come back, but for some reason, Q seems to have abandoned that style of decor. 

They have Alberti, who would seem the perfect and natural choice to step right into those shows and that style, yet they let the opportunity pass this year. I wouldn't even see why Valerie herself couldn't have some shows that were all around that more elegant style during the holiday season. Q just seems to go out of their way not to use the talent they have in those two people to not only continue that style of offerings but expand upon it to beyond the holiday season decor.

@Mominohio  I don't believe QVC is thinking.  I'll just keep my money and look elsewhere for the style that I like.

Why do they think we all want whimsey?  It's great if people have young children but some of us want an elegant line, kids have grown up.  This is a bad year for us Holiday forum folks, so far anyway.

@lucymo

I know that for the most part I have passed my 'whimsey' stage in decorating as well. And I know that just because I have, doesn't mean everyone has, so while I'm glad they offer a variety, I think that the whimsy sometimes rules!

(full disclosure: I ordered and cancelled five times, those (h208685) Kringle Express set of 3 MG candies, and while I consider them whimsy, I just couldn't let go of wanting them. The sixth time I ordered I let them come, and love them!!! I think it is because my mom bought me, many years ago, Thomas Paconni's set of candy glass ornaments and I have loved those on my tree every year. These Kringle Express pieces remind me of them, and I can't believe how nice and substantial the glass is)

More so than the style, I think the quality of Q products has declined in general and overall, in the past decade. I have some really nice Christmas decor pieces that my mom got me as gifts from Q when my son was little (now he's 20!!), and they don't even offer things of that quality today, at any price point.

I thought that the whole reason our manufacturing went over seas was because they could produce as good a product at much less cost, than we were doing here. Well, not only is the quality often not there, the prices aren't all that cheap anymore either. 

QVC just doesn't seem to understand that there is a market for higher quality items even with a higher price tag. 

Right now I feel like if I order something, and it is really great quality, I kind of won the lottery, as it isn't an everyday/every item occurrence for sure.

Trusted Contributor

You are right. To get great quality at a great price is a bonus.I worked in retail for over 20 years as a Tailor and we would say "they did a study" which means it's all about the money.

Regular Contributor

I would like to see Valerie have more new items that are traditional. The items can be elegant or whimsical. Just about every single item she brings in is mercury glass or angels hardly anything else. I don't like the mercury glass or I should say her idea of mercury glass. I have a feeling the stuff is going to look silly in a couple years when the trend will be over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo  Thanks for posting!

OK...I need to make a confession  0-emoticon.gif

I just ordered the new wreath and teardrops and I will be using them in our livingroom! I can put the teardrops on either side of the poinsettia mantel skirt I got from Pier 1 last year and the wreath will be hung over our futon.

Thankfully there was nothing else that broke my resolve of trying not to by more decor...jjjdramasmileyf.gif................LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

If they are going to post a sneak peek, I wish they would actually show the new items that will be available.

Some of that stuff is over a year old!

@flickerbulb  Yes, or older.  I probably won't bother to watch the morning show and hopefully, by then we will have seen the new items.  Don't buy too much now.  LOL

@flickerbulb and @lucymo

I agree, not much of a sneak peek. At least the wreath and tear drops are new...

Additionally, since so many folks view VPH's sneak peeks now, the newest items sell out so fast that those pieces barely wind up with a presentation before they sell out. I remember last year a few of VPH shows wound up ending early because they really had nothing else to present...

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore

@lucymo

I know that for the most part I have passed my 'whimsey' stage in decorating as well. And I know that just because I have, doesn't mean everyone has, so while I'm glad they offer a variety, I think that the whimsy sometimes rules!

(full disclosure: I ordered and cancelled five times, those (h208685) Kringle Express set of 3 MG candies, and while I consider them whimsy, I just couldn't let go of wanting them. The sixth time I ordered I let them come, and love them!!! I think it is because my mom bought me, many years ago, Thomas Paconni's set of candy glass ornaments and I have loved those on my tree every year. These Kringle Express pieces remind me of them, and I can't believe how nice and substantial the glass is)

More so than the style, I think the quality of Q products has declined in general and overall, in the past decade. I have some really nice Christmas decor pieces that my mom got me as gifts from Q when my son was little (now he's 20!!), and they don't even offer things of that quality today, at any price point.

I thought that the whole reason our manufacturing went over seas was because they could produce as good a product at much less cost, than we were doing here. Well, not only is the quality often not there, the prices aren't all that cheap anymore either. 

QVC just doesn't seem to understand that there is a market for higher quality items even with a higher price tag. 

Right now I feel like if I order something, and it is really great quality, I kind of won the lottery, as it isn't an everyday/every item occurrence for sure.

@Mominohio  I bought two sets of these when they were first offered during Jill's show and love them

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

If they are going to post a sneak peek, I wish they would actually show the new items that will be available.

Some of that stuff is over a year old!

@flickerbulb  Yes, or older.  I probably won't bother to watch the morning show and hopefully, by then we will have seen the new items.  Don't buy too much now.  LOL

@flickerbulb and @lucymo

I agree, not much of a sneak peek. I don't remember seeing the wreath or tear drops before...were they from last year? If so, I don't remember them and didn't see a need for them to add to our livingroom for the holidays til now.

Additionally, since so many folks view VPH's sneak peeks now, the newest items sell out so fast that those pieces barely wind up with a presentation before they sell out. I remember last year a few of VPH shows wound up ending early because they really had nothing else to present...

@Susan Louise  I'm happy that you found something to order.  I saw another poster had ordered the wreath and teardrops.  I already have the village and love it.  It will go on a shelf in a small hall leading to the MBR.  It is very glittered and could be brushed  off but I like the sparkle.

Valued Contributor

Susan Louise. I think you will love them.  I purchased the fruit wreatjs, garland and tear drops Lisahad last year and they are great.  Those tear drop are elegant and a wonderful addition to my decor.  Hope you love this set.