Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek Is Up!

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I enjoyed Jill with Valerie but that hour went by fast. Too bad they didn't present the candle rings. They spent too much time on the set of finials. That 5 piece village was adorable. I just kept thinking it's another battery operated item I won't buy. 

The iced tree was nice and the garland as well. I almost bought them but passed. I don't have any more room to put them. 

I look forward to her last presentation day of her Christmas decor. 

@BabyYoda  I ordered the icy garland but still talking to myself about the tree for two reasons, I think it's pricey and there would be a storage problem for sure to keep the 'ice' intact.  I may cave anyway and worry about the cons later.  It would work well in my icy scene that I do every year.  I've always just used a white tree. 

I think we'll be glad we preordered the candle rings if they look good. 

I ordered the champagne version of the candle rings before the pictures were posted, but cancelled this morning after I saw the colors.  Am I the only one that thinks the colors are muddy looking?  I also didn't like the way the beads were clustered rather than being wired evenly around the ring.

@Marsha2003  I'm still trying to figure what the colors are in the champagne.  One looks pink on my monitor.  Not sure if I will keep my order or cancel.  The pic sure doesn't look like I had hoped and one day, hopefully, I'll learn not to order until I've seen the item.  You are not the only one disappointed in this item.

@lucymo @Marsha2003  If you have a Michael's or comparable store near you, I found Valerie's Fall rings last year on sale at Michael's, but too late as I had already bought them here, and I know there are red berry rings as red berry items are very popular around Christmas.

@mousiegirl  I haven't cancelled my order yet, not sure but may just let them come in and if I don't 'love them' I can send them back.  I'm confused by the appearance of the colors but may be lovely in person.  I see your red berry trees sold out.  I really like that garland with the hanging berry clusters.

Valued Contributor

@Marsha2003 @lucymo

I cancelled both the champagne candle and napkin rings since the pics are up. I saw them for a fleeting moment last night during one of the shows, but now the colors look different, more like any season but Christmas. I see two kinds of brown, silver and peach and a dark pinkish in the berries. The 'crystals' look champagne and clear. The green stem wrap looks too spring green for me, but it is the same green used in the red choice. None of these colors are in my holiday decor, except clear and champagne.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I enjoyed Jill with Valerie but that hour went by fast. Too bad they didn't present the candle rings. They spent too much time on the set of finials. That 5 piece village was adorable. I just kept thinking it's another battery operated item I won't buy. 

The iced tree was nice and the garland as well. I almost bought them but passed. I don't have any more room to put them. 

@BabyYoda  I ordered the icy garland but still talking to myself about the tree for two reasons, I think it's pricey and there would be a storage problem for sure to keep the 'ice' intact.  I may cave anyway and worry about the cons later.  It would work well in my icy scene that I do every year.  I've always just used a white tree. 

I ordered the champagne version of the candle rings before the pictures were posted, but cancelled this morning after I saw the colors.  Am I the only one that thinks the colors are muddy looking?  I also didn't like the way the beads were clustered rather than being wired evenly around the ring.

@Marsha2003  I'm still trying to figure what the colors are in the champagne.  One looks pink on my monitor.  Not sure if I will keep my order or cancel.  The pic sure doesn't look like I had hoped and one day, hopefully, I'll learn not to order until I've seen the item.  You are not the only one disappointed in this item.

@lucymo @Marsha2003  If you have a Michael's or comparable store near you, I found Valerie's Fall rings last year on sale at Michael's, but too late as I had already bought them here, and I know there are red berry rings as red berry items are very popular around Christmas.

@mousiegirl  I haven't cancelled my order yet, not sure but may just let them come in and if I don't 'love them' I can send them back.  I'm confused by the appearance of the colors but may be lovely in person.  I see your red berry trees sold out.  I really like that garland with the hanging berry clusters.

@lucymo  It is difficult to know the real color of some items.  During the show yesterday, the blue birds looked aqua in one showing, and in the next, they were deep blue.  I finally got to see the garlands and trees this morning, so hope I am glad I ordered them when they arrive.  DH is going to have a time getting them to stay on top of the cabinets, lol.

I tried to cancel an item I ordered yesterday, and was told it is too far into processing, and that the Q is trying to get things out quickly.  I wonder.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003, @Nomore, and @lucymo,

I saw the candle rings shown (not a real presentation, but definitely shown) earlier today.  I got a fair look at them, and I think it was during the pedestals and s/3 embossed candles.   I haven't had time yet to go back and view the 2-hr show videos, if they have posted, but, I really think QVC has put up the napkin ring photos instead of the candle ring photos.  Look at the size of the berries and gems compared to the size of the ring opening.  That is why I think they are the napkin ring photos.  They have done this before with similar items.  What do you think?

I don't know who to get to check on this from the QVC team.  I will try these:

@QVC_Team

@Eva-QVC

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the color of the champagne candle rings, yes, muddy does come to mind.  I'm not counting them out yet, though, because I like muted and vintage-looking colors, so I will have to think about how and where I might use that color here.  Still undecided and haven't purchased anything yet. 

ETA--I agree.  I think it would've been better to use the brown wrap/tape with the champagne choice, the same as they did with the red choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, @Nomore, and @lucymo,

I saw the candle rings shown (not a real presentation, but definitely shown) earlier today.  I got a fair look at them, and I think it was during the pedestals and s/3 embossed candles.   I haven't had time yet to go back and view the 2-hr show videos, if they have posted, but, I really think QVC has put up the napkin ring photos instead of the candle ring photos.  Look at the size of the berries and gems compared to the size of the ring opening.  That is why I think they are the napkin ring photos.  They have done this before with similar items.  What do you think?

I don't know who to get to check on this from the QVC team.  I will try these:

@QVC_Team

@Eva-QVC

OK, I just looked again, and the photos have been changed.  I think they are correct now.  Take another look if you are still interested in the candle rings.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda  I saw one of the Icy Trees was available late last night so I decided to go ahead and order it.  I don't know what happened but when I looked at my order status there were two orders for the tree, had to cancel one of them, sure don't need two.  lol   So, now I have the tree, garland and candle rings ordered.  Enough!!!  :-)

@lucymo Glad you saw my post and was able to order one! They kept popping in and out of inventory. Even this morning I ran into my neighbor while I was out walking and she ordered the tree and garland and the icy picks all this morning...lol She ordered them since she missed Valerie's show yesterday and I told her I ordered the candle rings in red/cream and the champagne/gold. She went home to order them as well. Too funny. 

Respected Contributor

In reading all your comments about the candle ring colors in the champagne/gold choice, the color online doesn't look pretty to me. But I will get them home as my order cannot be cancelled and I want to see them in person. I can use that color year round on my candles. 

I started to make my own in my craft group when we met this morning but they came out terrible. I used garland and wire and I really need a better craft glue as my berries came right off even though they were glued on tightly. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo  It is difficult to know the real color of some items.  During the show yesterday, the blue birds looked aqua in one showing, and in the next, they were deep blue.  I finally got to see the garlands and trees this morning, so hope I am glad I ordered them when they arrive.  DH is going to have a time getting them to stay on top of the cabinets, lol.

I tried to cancel an item I ordered yesterday, and was told it is too far into processing, and that the Q is trying to get things out quickly.  I wonder.

@mousiegirl  Yes, I tried to cancel the candle rings awhile ago and it has already been locked but I'd bet it doesn't ship for two to three days.  I'm sure I'll be returning because the longer I look at them the less I like them.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda  It's that 'monkey see, monkey do' thing that gets us every time.  lol  Hope you and your neighbor like what you ordered.  I already have the icy type picks and now I'll have the tree, garland and the picks.  Should be enough, at least for now.  I need to concentrate on gifts.