Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek Is Up!

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

The southern shopping network has a decor show coming up at 9:00PM Easter Slandered Time if anyone is interested.  They have new stuff from their own line. Some of the stuff looks interesting.  I'm interested in their fiber optic throw pillows.

@PeterDM, I gave up after 30 minutes of watching.  Did you ever see the pillows last night?  I watched their online video from a previous airing but I didn't learn much about them except that they all had cream color on them, not white.  I considered the dark red pillow set, but didn't realize that the lower (or free) s&h special ended at midnight. 

I also liked the Winter Lane lit cookie cutter decorations, especially the plaid gingerbread man, but I think they are probably way overpriced for the quality.  I will keep an eye out for any major price reductions, though. 

@SHOPR I only kind of half watched, but I had it on for the whole time.  I was cleaning up from cooking.  I didn't get the pillows, because I couldn't think of a place where I'd be happy displaying them.  The fact that they didn't have a timer and weren't pure white was also an issue.  I ended up purchasing the laser pointer that is a mini version of a bliss lights.  I'd seen the bliss lights version on their website years ago, and always thought it would be good for indoor use for parties.  For $22 and the fact that it runs on AA batteries, I couldn't pass it up.  I thought the presentations were awkward and the host didn't seem on the ball.  It made me appreciate QVC even more.

That is a very cool item.  I didn't know anyone made the different tips for the laser pointers.  It should be a fun purchase. 

I agree that some HSN presentations I've watched are bad.  They can go on and on about nothing for ten minutes and still not give out any details or important information.  Sometimes QVC hosts do this, too.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Well, as usual, I had to miss tonights show and of course they presented the candle rings.  From the description you said Jill gave, I'll return as 'not as described'.  Where is the champagne/gold?    I envisioned those colors but nothing like that and they locked the order early today so I couldn't cancel.  I don't use red in my decor so that one doesn't interest me but the blue and red are better than the one they passed off as champagne/gold. 

ETA.  I just went back on my order status and was able to cancel the candle rings.  Earlier today I tried all of the cancel options and none would work but tonight I could and I did. 

@lucymo,  How strange, but good for you!  I am still considering the red set. 

The show was a bit of a whirlwind and over very fast, it seemed to me.  The rings didn't get presented, but they were shown in the video for the embossed candles:

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-3-Embossed-Flameless-Candle-Pillars-by-Valerie.product.H205495.html?sc=H20...

@SHOPR  Good morning, SHOPR, thanks for the link.  I still can't figure where they came up with the color for the candle rings when there isn't champagne/ gold and they were pairing them with the silver candles.  I'm glad I was able to cancel my order, saved me having to return.  I'll look around locally for some rings.  I did get the set of three rings in the icy ones a few months ago in 'as is'.  I like those but was hoping these would work out too.

@lucymo, I noticed them being paired with the silver pedestals and candles, and even with the silver, they looked, well, purple? Maybe they will be better in person for those who did order them. 

@SHOPR  I'm just puzzled how they came up with that color name.  They wouldn't work for me any time of the year.  I do hope the ones who ordered that color can find a place to use them.  I'm waiting for my icy tree and  garland  to ship so I know when to expect them to arrive here.  I'm embarrassed to say that I also ordered the set of three icy trees in 'as is' from Jill's show after I said no way would I get them.  But, I seem to be in the "icy" mode so figured I'd go all out.  What are you looking forward to arriving?

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, You may love the icy trees after all.  Maybe certain things just look awful over TV, like the blue-ish LEDs glowing all over the set, when they are (supposedly) in reality a white LED.  The icy trees may be like that, and may end up being one of your favorite purchases.  I hope you like them.

I am only waiting on Valerie's red candle ring set.  I have others already and some that I made out of picks from HL, but I do think I will like these also, and will use them in the same room with gingerbread, plaid, and the VPH sugared fruit items. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, You may love the icy trees after all.  Maybe certain things just look awful over TV, like the blue-ish LEDs glowing all over the set, when they are (supposedly) in reality a white LED.  The icy trees may be like that, and may end up being one of your favorite purchases.  I hope you like them.

I am only waiting on Valerie's red candle ring set.  I have others already and some that I made out of picks from HL, but I do think I will like these also, and will use them in the same room with gingerbread, plaid, and the VPH sugared fruit items. 

@SHOPR  I hope the trees look good but if not, I can return them.  I'm thinking they look like the picks, trees and garland.  I actually like the picks, haven't seen the others yet.