Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Over The Years

@mousiegirl Were these candles CI? I honestly thought they were VPH. Well, they were some of the first items I bought on QVC, and they are still favorites. I was delighted to see how well Valerie's wreaths fit with them.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@mousiegirl Were these candles CI? I honestly thought they were VPH. Well, they were some of the first items I bought on QVC, and they are still favorites. I was delighted to see how well Valerie's wreaths fit with them.

@PA Mom-mom  I don't know, I think someone else mentioned this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Hi @PA Mom-mom

Yes, a couple of posts earlier I said I had the same candle and loved it.  Also bought one for a friend.  From Candle Impressions.

I've never bought any candles from Valerie, and these were from the years even before she offered any flameless candles.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Hi @PA Mom-mom

Yes, a couple of posts earlier I said I had the same candle and loved it.  Also bought one for a friend.  From Candle Impressions.

I've never bought any candles from Valerie, and these were from the years even before she offered any flameless candles.

@GingerPeach Hahahaha! I guess I replied to the wrong "girl!" Thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

I think Valerie offered much more elegant items in the beginning years.

I have her book from 2000 and her things were just gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Regal Bee I tend to agree with you. However, she is bringing back some timeless items here of late - like her band boxes and some of her florals. I can't find a place in my home for the spheres or mercury glass candle holders. 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Regal Bee I tend to agree with you. However, she is bringing back some timeless items here of late - like her band boxes and some of her florals. I can't find a place in my home for the spheres or mercury glass candle holders. 

@PA Mom-mom  The spheres never appealed to me....don't know why.

I really like Valerie but can't watch many of her shows anymore. All the 'talking over each other'  just makes me crazy. I like to stay focused on the product and that is just about impossible these days.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom,@Sweet_Serenity,

Talking about her quilts, I remember that I got one of Valerie's for my daughter years ago. It had sunflowers on it and was so well made! The stitching, the colors, the thickness. And like you said, it still looks like new after many washings.I seem to remember it was around $50. A really beautiful quilt.

Looking at the only one she has now H215092, 3 piece queen quilt set for $55,(also in king) it does not look like the same material as the one I got.It does have very good reviews though. Mine was a throw, and I think all cotton.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@PA Mom-mom,@Sweet_Serenity,

Talking about her quilts, I remember that I got one of Valerie's for my daughter years ago. It had sunflowers on it and was so well made! The stitching, the colors, the thickness. And like you said, it still looks like new after many washings.I seem to remember it was around $50. A really beautiful quilt.

Looking at the only one she has now H215092, 3 piece queen quilt set for $55,(also in king) it does not look like the same material as the one I got.It does have very good reviews though. Mine was a throw, and I think all cotton.

@on the bay Once in a while I am very disappointed with the quality of Valerie's items. Remember the Jingle Bells Door Hanger she offered a few years ago? It was dollar store cheap. I was shocked! Fortunately, those items are few and far between.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom-

OH my goodness! I got that jingle bell thing too! 

And yes it was just like out of the dollar store!

I was trying to justify keeping it but it was so awful, I did return it. I think a lot of others did too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"