Esteemed Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill Over The Years

I have been buying VPH over these past several years, and I find, even though my taste has not always moved with hers, she continues to offer items that work with my older items. Here's an example:

Valerie Candle.jpg

Keep it up Valerie! I'd like to see these candles offered again!

Do you also have old Valerie you combine with new Valerie?

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Over The Years

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom-

That's really pretty.

I remember that candle.

I mostly have some of her older things-

a bird lamp I love and a holly angel.

Oh and those cute white birds with sayings that I got last year!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay ThanksI think I noticed that she is starting to return to some of her older themes - as in the band boxes, etc.

Honored Contributor

A very heavy clear glass hurricane lamp is my favorite of hers. It came with an ivory candle (battery operated with timer) and a Christmas candle ring. By getting different colored candles and seasonal rings, I can totally change the look.

Honored Contributor

Having experienced Valerie's quilts purchased (one day only) bedding three years ago and to this day the set looks brand new and so very comfortable. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Having experienced Valerie's quilts purchased (one day only) bedding three years ago and to this day the set looks brand new and so very comfortable. 

@Sweet_Serenity That's good to know. I have never bought any of her textiles, but I'll pay more attention in the future. I think they are beautiful, if expensive. But on ODO, that is a different story.

Honored Contributor

Your candle vignette is so pretty, @PA Mom-mom.

I have one of her older mosaic glass sort of cylinder shaped hurricanes, in amber tones, which I use year round in different parts of the house and with different things of hers.  It's probably the most versatile.

Also have a large, airy metal wire urn of hers from years past in chalky white.  I've had various things in it over time, but the woodsy Christmas fillers I got from her recently would work great in it, if I wanted to do a "winter wonderland" look...

Right now I have those chunky, gilded faux acorns and pinecones of hers (new) in her footed hobnail glass bowl (older).   Actually, that bowl might be from a "You're Home with Jill",  so might be a collaboration betw. Valerie and Jill...

Honored Contributor

I have said for many years, that Valerie does a great job of bringing things that work back to much of her earlier offerings, every year. 

I don't know if it has been something she actually strives for, but it has happened for sure. 

IT has been nice to buy from a line that has some continuity in the products, as before I started watching her, I felt I had so many beautiful and special decor pieces, but they often felt disconnected. 

Honored Contributor

I have that candle, too.  I bought one for myself and another for a friend in honor of the chickadees who arrive every year.

It's still going strong on my kitchen table.  Love those older Candle Impressions with just the wick.  I have no need for a fake flame.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I have been buying VPH over these past several years, and I find, even though my taste has not always moved with hers, she continues to offer items that work with my older items. Here's an example:

Valerie Candle.jpg

Keep it up Valerie! I'd like to see these candles offered again!

Do you also have old Valerie you combine with new Valerie?

@PA Mom-mom  Absolutely!  Every season, every year, has Valerie's items in the displays, along with others.  Good pieces never grow old, for me.