Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Christmas Show???

I watched bits and pieces of the show but find something is missing for me....just can't put my finger on it. The sets are not as lushly decorated as in years past.

They keep the lights down too much for me and I find it frustrating to put it mildly.

Valued Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I enjoyed the show . I found it relaxing for a change. Some of the hosts are loud and obnoxious.  

Jane is also a very accomplish oil painter. Her paintings are beautiful.

Very relaxing, are u kidding. jayne wasn't prepare for item numbers but Valerie came to the rescue. She had her own papers that I saw making me feel that this show would have some problems. Also each time Valerie would take off to a different scent, Jayne would apologize to the camera people while uttering other words.

RELAXING? Smiley Tongue

I have watched Valeris's shows since the 90"s and definitely not the same.

Valued Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

You worded comments very well @Bella2022 .  I couldn’t really put my finger on it but something seemed amiss.  Kind of “smoke and mirrors” - unusual for VPH.

And, I, too, am missing Jill - a lot.

@Spacrazy wrote:

You worded comments very well @Bella2022 .  I couldn’t really put my finger on it but something seemed amiss.  Kind of “smoke and mirrors” - unusual for VPH.

And, I, too, am missing Jill - a lot.

Maybe Retirement in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

I thought the show with Valerie and Jayne was wonderful.  Jayne is always very professional and never that loud screaming match.  I also enjoy Valerie with Carolyn.  I have to turn the channel when RD is hosting.  Over the top and uncomfortable (with anything he hosts).

@fingerlakesny   I, too, really like Jayne w/Valerie.  Carolyn, no.  She is always in the background as Valerie talks with her "yeahs, yesses, uh huhs" and more.  She can't wait to interrupt Valerie or any vendor she is on with.  Very condescending.  Drives me crazy.

Valued Contributor

I have to agree the show seemed a little unorganized...no reflection on either host.  Lights up, lights down, walk over here, let’s do this, put these with that, colors available, triple batteries....on and on.  I just get confused!  I think there is too much stuff on set...so much you cannot focus.  I almost wish they would present a theme with the items available in that theme  as opposed to this mercury glass is available in these colors.  Q might sell more if it would be a color or theme story as opposed to an item story.

Honored Contributor

I thought the show was pretty typical of the paring of the two, which happens more often lately. 

I didn't see any issues. Some VPH shows are a bit more manic than others, and I personally see it as whoever is directing them. The good hosts and vendors make it look like they are in control but what they show, how long they stay on a product, and often, what points about it are brought up, and more, are all controlled by those behind the scenes, watching the sales by the second, watching social media comments  etc. 

Valerie's season is just about over, she only has a couple of more shows, so the excitement and intensity of the programs might relax some.

Valued Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I enjoyed the show . I found it relaxing for a change. Some of the hosts are loud and obnoxious.  

@sweetee2 wrote:

that's great. but so what other people paint too.

Sorry I don't get it.

Occasional Contributor

I enjoyed the show!  I love to see Christmas and how decoration are used.  I think Jayne Brown is a fine hostess.  There was alot in the show and it moved right along, at least it seemed to to me.  There are things I liked and things I didn't, we can't like everything, can we???????  Just go get a glass of water during things you've see before or vacuum.

I for one DO NOT miss Jill, I was so sick of her ordering things while she was supposed to be presenting.  Case in point; a Joan Rivers show where she ordered two shirts; one blue and one black and proceeded to ask the producer to get these things for her as that's how she dresses.  Excuse me, I'm not one who cares how she dresses OR I don't need to hear her orders.  The Christmasn "soap" rocks that SHE discovered are sold at Mass General Stores and other stores of the same calibur, for years.  I stopped watching any show she hosted.

The only thing I wish is that QVC would do is  POST a list of dates and times Valerie is on for whatever season we are in.  I miss the shows  sometimes because there isnt anywhere to find that info.  Especially if it is out a week and you can't click on the show schedule.

Respected Contributor

Did someone post the final shows schedule? I can't find it now.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Did someone post the final shows schedule? I can't find it now.

@traveler   Valerie is back on Oct 24, but it isn't the final visit, probably one in November, early, but am not sure.