Valued Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill Christmas Show???

I was watching the show today hosted with Jane. I was truly amazed how her show was so rushed and how long they stayed on the three mercury glass santa with tree and so on. Jane seemed to laugh at so much and Valerie didn't seem serious about the show at all. First time I noticed her like this. Several clearance items also.

I miss Jill hosting Valerie's shows.

When they were showing the pearl garland along with the candle rings, it was mentioned that Valerie was showing these items although not for Christmas. Something seems strange.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Christmas Show???

[ Edited ]

@Bella2022 wrote:

I was watching the show today hosted with Jane. I was truly amazed how her show was so rushed and how long they stayed on the three mercury glass santa with tree and so on. Jane seemed to laugh at so much and Valerie didn't seem serious about the show at all. First time I noticed her like this. Several clearance items also.

I miss Jill hosting Valerie's shows.

When they were showing the pearl garland along with the candle rings, it was mentioned that Valerie was showing these items although not for Christmas. Something seems strange.Woman Frustrated

@Bella2022 

I enjoyed Jayne Brown with Valerie, and I think Valerie seems comfortable with her so she even comments on Jayne's silly jokes..... Its the Show Producer that decides which items they spend time on....if its a item thats selling well they'll stay on it....or come back to something that was shown earlier....

I didnt see anything strange about the show....they mentioned that this show was about Christmas decor but also gifts for Christmas, maybe she viewed it as a gift idea....and some of the items could be used year round or for the winter season....like the pearl garland and candle rings.... 

I think Jill was a very well prepared host and I think she was best suited as host of her own decor shows. I didnt enjoy her paired with Valerie at all, Jill just took over and poor Valerie had a hard time getting a chance to talk  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

You worded comments very well @Bella2022 .  I couldn’t really put my finger on it but something seemed amiss.  Kind of “smoke and mirrors” - unusual for VPH.

And, I, too, am missing Jill - a lot.

Super Contributor

We all see things differently.  I really enjoyed the show and enjoy Jayne presenting with Valerie.  I feel they work well together and Jayne gives Valerie a chance to explain her items.  A few others do not.  I also think Jayne has a design perspective to add to the presentation. 

Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

We all see things differently.  I really enjoyed the show and enjoy Jayne presenting with Valerie.  I feel they work well together and Jayne gives Valerie a chance to explain her items.  A few others do not.  I also think Jayne has a design perspective to add to the presentation. 

@cookie16 

👍

I enjoyed the show too and also think Jayne and Valerie  work very well together, good chemisty....and I like that Jayne gives Valerie time to present her products and ideas....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show . I found it relaxing for a change. Some of the hosts are loud and obnoxious.  

Jane is also a very accomplish oil painter. Her paintings are beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in as one who enjoyed Jayne with Valerie and thought the show was great. When the pearl garland and rings were presented, the point I took from the discussion was that the ladies were saying those items were perfect not only for the holidays but also for anytime of the year, since they have a classic rather than a Christmas design.

Respected Contributor

I miss the VPH items of years gone by and have had it with the mercury glass and other glass items.  These swans are old, maybe 10 years or so and I have them out in various rooms all year.  At Christmas I tie a pretty bow around their necks.  I sure wish Valerie offered more items like these. The larger swan is approximately 13" long 11" high, the small one is about 8" x 7.5.  Those are approximate, I measured in semi darkness!  

I know there are some new items that are very beautiful, unfortunately, they are few in number compared to the mercury and crackle glass. 

IMG_1215.JPG

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I particularly enjoyed Sunday's show and the one with Jayne Brown.  I was looking for the set of 3 Christmas mercury glass trees from last year and they were on last week.  So glad I finally bought them and they arrived quickly.  A later show had a different set of 3 mercury glass snowmen with a tree--even cuter so I bought those too!  One set will go on the 3 shelves of the Valerie Etagere in the dining room while the cookie style snowmen and tree will go in a display case in the kitchen filled with teacups.

As much as I like the trees the glitter for the stars on the top of the trees was applied a little heavy and is also on some of the green of the tree.  If I thought another set would be better I would exchange them but even one of the samples on TV had this problem.

Super Contributor

I thought the show with Valerie and Jayne was wonderful.  Jayne is always very professional and never that loud screaming match.  I also enjoy Valerie with Carolyn.  I have to turn the channel when RD is hosting.  Over the top and uncomfortable (with anything he hosts).