Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Cardinal Pedestals...

@Susan Louise,  Please update if you fix the top of the wreath area and let me know how it went.  Ours are almost identical in that area.  I will hopefully try out the different pillars tomorrow or Sunday.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, I mean yours and mine are identical in the ivory paint issue.  The one pedestal with the two pine cones being the sloppiest, same as yours appears in the pic.  

Honored Contributor

That stinks.  I wouldn't have had the patience to work on them.  I think you'll be able to get them whipped into shape.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

That stinks.  I wouldn't have had the patience to work on them.  I think you'll be able to get them whipped into shape.

@GCR18  I really didn't have the patience either. Getting the $10 credit helped.

I also would have had a hard time returning them due to the poor condition UPS made of the shipping box which also crushed most of the styrofoam.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise I've been having problems with boxes looking like they've been kicked, dragged, punched.  LOL. I have one from as is that i haven't opened yet.  The corner is crushed and taped.  I think it was sent that way.  It won't matter to the contents, but the box sure is in rough shape.

Honored Contributor

Were they going for glow-in-the-dark stink eye?

Now that would freak me out!

@Susan Louise

Respected Contributor

I would find this so frustrating to pay for an item and then have to 'work on it' to fix it. 

I have almost stopped purchasing anything from Valerie....her items just don't justify the pricing...to me. I used to buy lots of her things but most of her things are just the same old stuff to me, now. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, Here are my results.  I don't have any black paint other than spray, so I used an extra-fine tipped black Sharpie and just toned down the hugeness of the white eyes.  I think it helped enough to satisfy me for now.  The markers really do not work well due to the slick (I assume dried glue) surface of the resin.  

The last photo is of what I came up with to fix the sloppy paint where the pedestal meets the top of the wreath.  It is not a good match, but the mixing of the two created a muddy, gross, very matte color that I figured was close enough. These two colors I had from another project, so I didn't have to buy anything.

I also took pics of my different candles.  I will post them on the thread about that subject, and I hope you will post your picture there, too.  Can't wait to see it!

Good luck with your pedestals today.

I really like mine.

BEFORE 

2017-09-30 10.22.41.jpg

AFTER

2017-09-30 10.23.07.jpg

MY PAINT CONCOCTION

2017-09-30 10.23.32.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, I forgot to say that I had to use a super tiny paintbrush on the wreaths. I didn't use those q-tips to paint with, only to dip out the paint and mix.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise, Here are my results.  I don't have any black paint other than spray, so I used an extra-fine tipped black Sharpie and just toned down the hugeness of the white eyes.  I think it helped enough to satisfy me for now.  The markers really do not work well due to the slick (I assume dried glue) surface of the resin.  

The last photo is of what I came up with to fix the sloppy paint where the pedestal meets the top of the wreath.  It is not a good match, but the mixing of the two created a muddy, gross, very matte color that I figured was close enough. These two colors I had from another project, so I didn't have to buy anything.

I also took pics of my different candles.  I will post them on the thread about that subject, and I hope you will post your picture there, too.  Can't wait to see it!

Good luck with your pedestals today.

I really like mine.

BEFORE 

2017-09-30 10.22.41.jpg

AFTER

2017-09-30 10.23.07.jpg

MY PAINT CONCOCTION

2017-09-30 10.23.32.jpg

@SHOPR..Those look so much better SHOPR.   The eyes are perfect  and the filled in wreath looks gret.  Good Job.

JPC