Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill CIJ TSV available now

@Susan Louise 

You have many beautiful Christmas collections!

Honored Contributor

This item has all the classic VPH elements:  it's a lantern, it's iluminated, and it has glitter.

Trusted Contributor

I’m sure these aren’t top of the line quality but maybe they’re worth $30.00 . I ordered the Santa and the church. My cat has a feeding tube and I was busy feeding her during the presentation but from what I saw I think they will look cute nestled in the book shelf or as a night light in the bathroom etc. or maybe on the fireplace mantle. Lol, my wheels are turning!!
Esteemed Contributor

I may have to buy the red truck for my sister & BIL  they just won a trophy at the car show in my town.

Valued Contributor

These look very tiny to me. Even when the camera is getting a closeup on the scene, it’s still difficult to make out any details with the glitter swirling around. In my opinion, these would only be effective in areas where they could be viewed up close. They would get lost on a shelf or anywhere that you couldn’t get at least within 3 feet of it. 

Honored Contributor

David said over 30,000 sold.
I do like the church, Santa and the carolers. Trying to decide if I will get one. One. Not three. LOL.
Contributor

Love love love ❤️ the snow globes I picked up 3 the Santa thesnowmen and the gingerbread they look beautiful nothing like a snow globe to make the holidays complete❤️☃️🎄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I like the ornate lantern exterior very much and would LOVE to have one of them in metal, not acrylic like the TSV with an empty interior I could decorate myself. 

As for this lantern as offered, in my opinion, the only two inside scenes that go with the outer lantern are the church and Santa.  The rest seem too cartoon-like to match the exterior style. 

I'm not impressed with any of the CIJ sale items I've seen so far.  While on the one hand I was hoping to be inspired, on the other I was hoping not to be tempted.  They may tempt me yet with over a month to go!

@SHOPR  I agree. Every year I keep saying I'm not going to buy anything and each year I have been unable to stick to my resolve. I have learned slowly...VERY slowly, to be much more in tune with choosing pieces of decor now.

Is it something I LOVE...or just like a lot?

Will I REALLY use it?

Is the new piece better than what I already have?

What will I be willing to let go to make room for the new piece?

Will the piece compliment/fit into what I will be using yearly?

As each year passes I find that I change the vignettes less and less...mainly due to I'm so content with how things look and we are so pleased with the pieces. When I look back at the pics of displays/vignettes I made on previous years, I wasn't quite as happy about them...always feeling a need for improvement or change.

It's not that I've become lazy about decorating...not at all. However, I think it's finding the right pieces. I have become tired of certain themes and I have become especially content with an overall 'vintage' theme that I can see myself using the rest of my life.

There is no chance I can escape not getting more decor this year. I've already been thinking about getting another VPH 3' glitter tree for the kitchen.

At least I've reached a point that anything else I buy will have to have the 'wow' factor...LOL  Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise, Your vignettes of the past have always looked great to me.  I'm glad that you kept your VPH Santa and Reindeer.  They look so vintage and nicely finished.  Also, I have always admired the wreath you had with the large red jingle bells.  I would've had a hard time donating that.  I probably should've bought myself one but I passed on it for some reason.

@SHOPR Thank you Smiley Happy

As for the jingle bell wreath, if you lived nearby I would have given it to you gladly.  This past year's house purge was major. I even shocked myself on how much I let go of...about 2/3 of decor and about 3/4 of my clothes (I dropped 3 sizes since Sept last year).

Besides other examples I have mentioned...ie, down to 3 Santas, just the 5 'real' vintage bottle brush trees I  bought from Ebay (all VPH bottle brush tree sets - gone)...I also have paired down our wreaths to just 4. Two of them are the Fall wreaths I have been using for several years - 1 in the kitchen and the other in the livingroom. The other two are the fruit wreaths I LOVE.

I bought two of them 2-3 yrs ago and love the fruit set so much I got a spare wreath at the 'clearance' price. I also have 4 of the swags I have been using in our livingroom and the matching fruit tree in the kitchen which I have been displaying in VPH's Cardinal bucket the past couple of years.

It is going to be very hard for another wreath/tree/garland set to top this one in my eyes. I can see myself using this set without ever buying another set for the rest of my life and be content...no joke.

Here's a pic of the fruit wreath...so lush/full and I just adore the simple, colonial, classic/vintage look Smiley Happy

P4480712.JPG

And 3 pics below shows the 4 fruit swags in the livingroom and the fruit tree on top of our fridge...

P4480734.JPG

P4810996.JPG

P4820107.JPG

And since I have learned that 95% of wreaths just don't fit between our front & storm doors, the teardrop I made last year I see myself using for several years til it falls apart...LOL

P4810731.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  Isn't that fruit wreath the one that was only $20? I ended up getting three of those because they are so nice for the money.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Susan Louise  Isn't that fruit wreath the one that was only $20? I ended up getting three of those because they are so nice for the money.

@froggy  The 1st wreath I got was back in 2016/2017 for the QVC price of $39. The 2nd one I got a year later was at the clearance price of around $22-$25. The swags were $31 each and the tree was $60.

The item #'s are:

Wreath - H211912

Tree - H212754 (it says 'collection', but in my order acct it states the item # is for the tree)

Swag - H211915