Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill 4-6 Sneak Peek

I'm safe ~ there isn't one thing I have to have.  That's not to say she won't have a few surprises the day of the show, though.  I'm sitting here looking at my Easter display with the set of 2 white sisal bunnies Valerie offered many years ago.  So many here have them as well ~ I have seen all the beautiful photos.  I sure wish she would start bringing things like that back to us.  I'm getting so tired of the glass items ~ there isn't anything wrong with them, I just wish she would start bringing things back similar to what she offered years ago.  I'm kind of glad as gardening season is upon us ~ that should make a big enough dent in my pocketbook! 

Honored Contributor

Nice to see some new things.

Those indoor outdoor hurricanes look very similar in color style and pattern to those she had a couple of years ago with the bird on top, so nice companion pieces to those (I don't need them, I don't need them, I don't need them!!).

And I like the mosaic owl a little bit too! 

I doubt I'll be buying though!

Honored Contributor

@Julie928. I'm never completely safe.  Some where during the show I'll  lose my will power and buy something.  I sure don't need to buy anything though.  It appears that Valerie has moved away from MG  a bit and now getting into Mosaic more if this show is any indication.

I agree that we used to have better options from Valerie.  I do think there's some nice things in this show though.  I like the Owl and Cat in Mosaic and the hurricanes with lid.  I have the ones from several years ago in Ivory and wouldn't mind having a pair of these in fern green to use with what I have.

Hopefully, I'll be strong willed and pass on everything.  Garden season will help us to say no to buying more decor.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1347022192048732.1073741935.354428307974797&type=3

Thanks for posting.. I think I'm going to be good; notice, I said, " I think"... What did catch my eye is the ivory bike planter.. But, I have a feeling there are going to be some very pretty surprise items & then I must resist temptation.. 

Respected Contributor

I see some pretty things. The ceramic hurricanes are nice but look big and I don't really have a good place to put them. The little glass ones are cute. May have to pick one or two up depending on price, but still not sure where to put them. But they seem small enough they could fit several places. The mosaic figures are neat, but unless she does a giraffe, sea turtle or chocolate cocker spaniel, I'm not biting. Love the goblets, have the chocolate ribbed ones, but am hoping for some teal ones. I still like the blue/yellow wreath, would need two for my front doors. I do like the cupboard and the one that aired last time although I don't need either. I think I'm safe though.
Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, I appreciate the heads up because I didn't realize Valerie was to be on again soon.  I think I'm safe, but like @classic, I really like the ivory bike planter, just not the price.  :-(

I hope you and your family are doing well.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  Thank you for the kind words.  I think we are on the mend.  It will just take some time.  Hope your Poison Ivy is healing and the itching has stopped.

I saw a few things in Valerie's show that I like, the mosaic Owl, Cat and the indoor-outdoor hurricanes in fern green.  She said she was showing the new items but they wouldn't be available to purchase until Thursday so it isn't clear if there will be any surprise items when the show airs.  Some people won't be able to watch the night shows if they don't get QVC2.  I probably won't purchase anything as I'm trying to downsize so adding more makes little sense.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
I see some pretty things. The ceramic hurricanes are nice but look big and I don't really have a good place to put them. The little glass ones are cute. May have to pick one or two up depending on price, but still not sure where to put them. But they seem small enough they could fit several places. The mosaic figures are neat, but unless she does a giraffe, sea turtle or chocolate cocker spaniel, I'm not biting. Love the goblets, have the chocolate ribbed ones, but am hoping for some teal ones. I still like the blue/yellow wreath, would need two for my front doors. I do like the cupboard and the one that aired last time although I don't need either. I think I'm safe though.

@crazycockermom  I'm with you, some pretty things that I don't need.  I really like the mosaic Owl. I do like the ceramic hurricanes in the fern green since I have the similar ones from a few years back in ivory.  I have two sets of the goblets, in green and amber, and I find them hard to fit in with my decorating, they are just so tall.  I think they are pretty though.  How do you use yours?

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1347022192048732.1073741935.354428307974797&type=3

Thanks for posting.. I think I'm going to be good; notice, I said, " I think"... What did catch my eye is the ivory bike planter.. But, I have a feeling there are going to be some very pretty surprise items & then I must resist temptation.. 

@classic   I saw that "think" and that can apply to me as well.  lol