Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill 4-6 Sneak Peek

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Thanks so much for posting a pic! Those are a really pretty spring green that would look good in my living room. . I never saw them presented. They look nice on the mirror with the spheres!

@crazycockermom  They are item # H207447 but are sold out.  Valerie brought in others after these.  The spheres are the ones that come with the hanging stakes for outdoor use.  I think they sold out too.

Glad to help out and tempt you.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

I can't remember if I have the green...ever do that LOL???!!!

I KNOW I have the red! Mine is more of a pinky-raspberry-red than this one is.

1fb1ee6694ae2246d13ec9a54bdce655.jpg

@ChiliPepper  I don't know if you're speaking to me but yes, that's the ones from awhile ago and they are very similar to the new ones. For my taste, the new ones are better than the older ones, but I like both.  I like the green and ivory together.

Yes, I often forget what I have.  That's probably a sign that we have too much.  Smiley Happy

@ChiliPepper

@lucymo

I'm thinking that the new ones are quite substantial, and perhaps even as wide around the middle as 9 or 10 inches, based on the height Valerie gave of 15 inches. I kinda like the taupe as well as the other colors.  It's shown in her pic of the yellow shutter cupboard.  

These would look so nice outdoors either on a porch, walkway, or in a garden.  I'm still planning on passing but it's great to see larger items offered instead of everything being on the small side.  I hope those of you who cannot resist will be thrilled with them when you get them.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  We've had people digging plants from our gardens because we won't be able to care for them this year.  We still have a lot of daylilies left though.

I'm sure if you can keep going your gardens will be an absolute show place.  I can't wait to see pictures in a few years.

I can't believe you aren't ordering decor from Zulily.  I was feeling like I'm behind you since I haven't had much going in that department. We've all just gone overboard the past several years and now we're all decor-ed out, I think.  I need to work with what I have rather than adding more.  We may be making another trip to the mission soon as I get a chance to clean out some storage areas. Too much baggage.

Our Iris's haven't bloomed yet.  We had blooms in November from the rebloomers.  Some were loaded with buds when we got our first freeze too.  I love the Iris, the blooms are so intricate.  I have a purple one that is so beautiful.

Don't work too hard now, you want to be able to enjoy the blooms when they come.  I love the gardening season.  I plan to pot a lot of annuals to put next to our deck.  Since we live in Mosquito Heaven we need to plant a lot of Citronella around there too.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@ChiliPepper  I don't know if you're speaking to me but yes, that's the ones from awhile ago and they are very similar to the new ones. For my taste, the new ones are better than the older ones, but I like both.  I like the green and ivory together.

Yes, I often forget what I have.  That's probably a sign that we have too much.  Smiley Happy

@ChiliPepper

@lucymo

I'm thinking that the new ones are quite substantial, and perhaps even as wide around the middle as 9 or 10 inches, based on the height Valerie gave of 15 inches. I kinda like the taupe as well as the other colors.  It's shown in her pic of the yellow shutter cupboard.  

These would look so nice outdoors either on a porch, walkway, or in a garden.  I'm still planning on passing but it's great to see larger items offered instead of everything being on the small side.  I hope those of you who cannot resist will be thrilled with them when you get them.  :-)

@SHOPR  We'll talk after the show.  lol   I know that I don't need anything and should just pass but I think I want the green ceramic hurricanes.  I may just buck up and say NO to everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  We've had people digging plants from our gardens because we won't be able to care for them this year.  We still have a lot of daylilies left though.

I'm sure if you can keep going your gardens will be an absolute show place.  I can't wait to see pictures in a few years.

I can't believe you aren't ordering decor from Zulily.  I was feeling like I'm behind you since I haven't had much going in that department. We've all just gone overboard the past several years and now we're all decor-ed out, I think.  I need to work with what I have rather than adding more.  We may be making another trip to the mission soon as I get a chance to clean out some storage areas. Too much baggage.

Our Iris's haven't bloomed yet.  We had blooms in November from the rebloomers.  Some were loaded with buds when we got our first freeze too.  I love the Iris, the blooms are so intricate.  I have a purple one that is so beautiful.

Don't work too hard now, you want to be able to enjoy the blooms when they come.  I love the gardening season.  I plan to pot a lot of annuals to put next to our deck.  Since we live in Mosquito Heaven we need to plant a lot of Citronella around there too.

@lucymo  Your saying people are digging up your plants makes me think again that if we had to move at some point, I would be digging and taking divisions throughout, lol.  I keep special plants in big pots just in case. Smiley Happy

I have bought decor from zulily this year, some Spring wreaths small enough to put on top of lanterns, but too big for pedestals, will post pictures at some point.  I bought a set of lanterns from zulily also, not sure what to expect, but will see, and let you know.  I also bought some garden decor, etc.

I bought a holly garland at zulily after Christmas, only one left, and when I received it, I put myself on notification.  Well, one showed up the other day, only one left, lol, so had to buy it.  So, I have been only a little naughty.Smiley Happy  Maybe next year, I won't be naughty at all, now that would be a miracle.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Valerie said the ceramic indoor-outdoor hurricanes would be just under $40.  So $80 plus S&H and tax for a pair of them.  I may have to rethink getting them, not sure I want to invest that much to have them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Yes, I often forget what I have.  That's probably a sign that we have too muchSmiley Happy

@lucymo

Yes, I like the new ones too. That's my problem, I like everything practically & rarely tire of anything LOL!

And, yes, we have too much - but I consider it my hobby. Everyone needs a hobby right???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo

I can resist all the items in the sneak peek......UNTIL she showed the MOSIAC CAT which even resembled by own feline furbabies!!!!....Now how can I possibly resist that......Cat LOLCat Wink

@Spurt  Hi, Spurt, I know what you're saying about the cat.  I don't have any cats but I like the Owl and the Cat too.  I just like the coloring in them from what I can see in the pictures.  If you just get the kitty you'll still be doing good.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo

Hi Lucy!  Yep, if I get away with just getting the cat I'm doing good......I already "indulged" last weekend getting a new spring wreath to put on my front door after Easter (I have an old Valerie wreath that has daffodils and bunnies)---a funny thing about that---my sis isn't really into flowers or gardening---and she thought the daffodil bulbs on the wreath were garlic---LOL!!!!---she asked if I protecting myself against vampires---too funny---I laughed so hard---ROFL!!!!! Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”