Valued Contributor

Re: Valerie Par Hill Birch tree

I have looked alot of these trees and I have a brown set that I picked up last year from another vendor.  I think the white ones I received are beautiful and have twinkle or plain and are just nicer all around.

Beckyblu

Valued Contributor

@Kimnola wrote:
At the time of purchase, there were no reviews on this "New" item. As I understand it now there was after the fact negative comments on similar trees from the previous years. @hopi, @Home decor I appreciate your suggestions and opinions. Hearts to both.

When I check the reviews and find none knowing it was being sold last year I try to keep away from purchasing. That includes clothing and TSV's!!Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

My mind was racing with what I could do with these trees and bought 3 of the 3 foot. The white one is going back, due to as someone here said, it looks like staight sticks on the ends of the branches and they will not bend properly. But, I am liking the brown ones. The small amount of white flocking is not coming off and I could make the branches look very realistic by pulling down the bigger ones and spreading the smaller ones. Will make a nice light for fall and winter. But, never that I heard, it was mentioned they would shut off after 6 hours. I am happy with that.

Valued Contributor

I bought a white 4 foot one last year, and I wasn't too bothered by the taped trunk.  I didn't like the ends though, but all you have to do is bend them in a rounded way and you can make your tree look really nice.  I loved the lights and planned to keep it up year round for the nice ambiance, but it stopped working.  Customer service took good care of me though.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 of the 3 ft white trees and I am very happy with them. I plugged both in for a couple hours and I love the twinkle effect.

I did notice the plastic tape on the brances, but I assumed that was to make it OK for outdoors.

They will look wonderful in my Christmas display

Respected Contributor

@Kimnola :Just saw your post (crazy week).  I pick up the fairy micro lights strands. On the Q they’ve from Bethlehem lights and VPH has them as well but they are tiny lights on tiny strands easy to work with indoor and outdoor with small battery packs they can be stuck almost anywhere. Trust me it’s probably the most homemaking decor I have ever done and it sends my grandma cred sky high LOL.

i love using these because of color variety I can get and the light modes you set - I like the waterfall twinkling mode and now they come with remotes. I love to decorate my favorite NFL team colors and make Mardi Gra tree, etc. or just stick em in a glass or right now I have some clear ones loosely placed in my prettiest outdoor fern and it changes up its appearance. Just something I did by myself which is huge. 

Just give em a try and have fun.

Trusted Contributor

i got the brown tree and its perfect.. i read other reviews that werent so good... but mine looks great.. and i ordered another one in white, im still waiting on it.. but i think they look real nice!! and it came packaged perfectly..