Occasional Contributor

Valerie Majestic Deer and Sleigh

I am so ticked off!  More than a month ago, during Christmas in July, I ordered the sleigh and majestic deer for a friend for Christmas.  I ordered them the minute they were offered in the show.  I've been waiting for the deer to arrive.  I checked and just found our the order was cancelled!!!!!!  I spoke to customer service and they checked and said that it was because the vendor didn't have any.  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???  I'm watching QVC, Valerie comes on with the sleigh and deer, I jump on my computer and order them, before they even finish talking about them.  What in the world???!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Valerie Majestic Deer and Sleigh

WOW... That's not good.  Bad business.

Trusted Contributor

@pkvale wrote:

I am so ticked off!  More than a month ago, during Christmas in July, I ordered the sleigh and majestic deer for a friend for Christmas.  I ordered them the minute they were offered in the show.  I've been waiting for the deer to arrive.  I checked and just found our the order was cancelled!!!!!!  I spoke to customer service and they checked and said that it was because the vendor didn't have any.  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???  I'm watching QVC, Valerie comes on with the sleigh and deer, I jump on my computer and order them, before they even finish talking about them.  What in the world???!!!

@pkvale 

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  This is one of the reasons I don't shop here very often any more.  I can't trust I will get my order.  Between that and the horrible shipping issues (that they have been having way before the pandemic) I can do better elsewhere.

Super Contributor

QVC has had s&h issues since last year when they posted a big banner on their website apologizing for it. QVC doesn't feel dependable as your experience demonstrated.

Contributor

I had this exact same experience with this product as well as her set of 2 white deers with the cardinals. Both ordered the minute they hit the QVC website in July (I even stayed up late to catch them online right after midnight), and both orders got cancelled because "none are available from the vendor" - per Customer Service. Why are products being advertised if they aren't even available? Doesn't Valerie's company ask their vendors if they can actually produce these products?  Obviously QVC is not asking.  I am very disappointed as well.

Honored Contributor

By reading comments on the internet made by former employees, much can be learned about QVC.

Dated 2019, a former IT employee said QVC was always having computer problems.  Your cancelled order might have been a glitch in the system, but it points to the possibility of an antiquated, poorly designed system, or employee error when in fact the vendor did have more.  

Esteemed Contributor

@pkvale  I have been frustrated as well. I'm wondering if it is due to the disruption in shipping from China combined with the reduction in workforce.  I think I'm going to back off ordering anything of a time sensitive nature.

Super Contributor

I like Val and this has nothing to do with her, but everything to do with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm having a similar problem.  I ordered the Bethlehem Fariy lights during CIJ when it was a TSV.   Of course it was an anvanced shipment for 8/22 ,  well order status still states that but here we are 8/27 and it still has not shipped.  I wonder if I will get the same order cancellation notice.  Not a big deal as you can purchase the lights anywhere, it's just another incompetent ploy at  the Q Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

I hope you don't have any trouble!  Good luck!