Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Glistening Pine Pencil Tree?

@Julie928 wrote:

@mousiegirl ~ I'm back!  Since the tree is placed back up in the corner I was able to measure the very bottom straight across at the widest point.  Our tree (7 ft) is about 32" across.  I hope this helps...

@KellKats ~ Our tree wasn't sparse at all.  I know this can vary from tree to tree, but one of the things I noticed was there were no bare areas. 

I could have sworn I posted a picture of the tree on Valerie's facebook page sometime last fall with lots of orange velvet pumpkins scattered underneath.  If you have a few minutes maybe look through the photos posted on her facebook page.  (I haven't mastered the art of posting photos here yet otherwise I'd post one for you).  :-)

@Julie928  Is this the measurement of the metal stand across?

Contributor

24085443_1694145347306443_159210079_o.jpg

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  I just listened to the video again for this tree and I believe I heard Valerie say the 3 foot tree has a base of 19 inches.

Take a listen and see if this is what you hear.

Respected Contributor

@JoJoDel  OMG.....absolutely stunning!

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl ~ That is actually the measurement of the tree at the very bottom, branch to branch at it's widest point.  It's difficult to get to the stand as we have a large, heavy armchair next to it but 19" (as others have mentioned) sounds about right for the stand.  The stand is definitely not as wide as the tree.  

I hope this helps!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@mousiegirl ~ That is actually the measurement of the tree at the very bottom, branch to branch at it's widest point.  It's difficult to get to the stand as we have a large, heavy armchair next to it but 19" (as others have mentioned) sounds about right for the stand.  The stand is definitely not as wide as the tree.  

I hope this helps!  :-)

@Julie928  Thank you for your effort. Smiley Happy  I was thinking of putting it on a specific surface which isn't very wide, so will rethink it.

Contributor

Yes I bought this tree last year last year for the family room, Santa tree.  It is beautiful and was sturdy.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JoJoDel and @Julie928, thanks for the feedback on the tree. I really appreciate it. Glad to hear that the tree doesn't shed much. Put it in my wishlist for now to mull it over. 

Good that you mentioned your dogs, I did ask because of the dog issue. I have one that has appointed herself the official furry vacuum cleaner of the household. Anything that lands on the floor is fair game, so the less fallout the better. 

Frequent Contributor

I am wondering how heavy the  5 foot tree is.  I am debating between the 3 foot and 5 foot for my kitchen or dining room.  I have to put it up myself.  Would the 3 foot have to be seton a table or could I set on floor?

Super Contributor

@Julie928 Thanks so much - I thihk I'm going to take a chance on it!