Trusted Contributor

Valentine's Day Decorations Already On Shelves At Walmart

Went to Walmart this evening to do some grocery shopping.  Looked down the aisle that previously had all the Christmas candy.  All Christmas candy was gone and fully replaced with Valentine's Day.   Wow - that was fast, they lost no time getting new products ready to sell.   

Everthing feels so rushed.....wish things could slow down just a little bit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valentine's Day Decorations Already On Shelves At Walmart

was at GIANT grocery store in our area a few days before christmas. half of the aisle that was christmas related was already filled with valentines day items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

If you have ever worked in the retail business, you know that retail just jumps from one holiday to the next.  In my business, the day after Chrristmas is devoted to getting Clearance out on the tables.  The next day is for displaying Valentine's Day products.  It's life as we know it.

Honored Contributor

I got home late last evening & today went to Hobby Lobby -- no sign of Christmas just a few slim pickings (and only 66% off) 

Valentines and Spring decor has completely taken over where ALL the Christmas decor "was".  Same for Kohls ...I have $70 Kohls ca$h and I "circled" the store 3x's ... no signs of Christmas except some picture frames.

Guess the pre-Christmas sales were good and the buyers knew what they were doing -- 

Personally, I didn't need any Christmas decor but wanted shirt boxes, smaller ones from HL and I got them for great price! Just plain white not printed ones -- they had a lot of them.

Respected Contributor

Checked the calender today ... Ash Wednesday is Feb. 14th ... and

Easter Sunday is the First of April.... Quite early I thought .....

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

If you have ever worked in the retail business, you know that retail just jumps from one holiday to the next.  In my business, the day after Chrristmas is devoted to getting Clearance out on the tables.  The next day is for displaying Valentine's Day products.  It's life as we know it.

I've never worked in retail, but Valentine's Day items being out now doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  It's nearly January, and Valentine's Day is the month following that, so it's not as though it's all that far in the future.  It's also the next big holiday, so it makes perfect sense to me.

Honored Contributor

Valentine's Day items were out before Christmas in my area also. The day after Christmas should be the earliest!

https://happynewyear-2018.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Happy-new-year-2018-greeting-cards.jpg

Honored Contributor

They have been doing this for years.  

Honored Contributor

Poinsettias are 75% off at Lowes this week.  I wonder who would buy a poinsettia after Christmas.  They might as well give them away.

Honored Contributor

I have a theory about Valentine's Day.  Many men shop of Christmas Eve and don't like to shop, so they get men to do both at the same time by putting the Valentine's Day idea in their head ;o)

I was at Marshalls/TJMaxx on Christmas Eve and they were already moving some Valentine's Day stuff onto the shelves as they were moving the Christmas stuff to the clearance racks.

I wonder about Hobby Lobby because I noticed the day after Halloween there was one tiny shelf of a few items on it at 90% off.  I wonder if they sell it off to a clearance house vs trying to sell it themselves.  It seems like an awful lot of product is left on the day of the holiday for it to all be gone the next day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN