Contributor

The show was too hurried, they saved too many articles for the last and battery life was not mentioned,  and other details that Valerie usually addresses. one product from fb did not even make it to the show

Trusted Contributor

@kathyz ~ I bought the 37" angel but was really hoping they would have spent even a couple of minutes on it.  The pace of the show didn't really bother me, but I know other people were also not happy that this rather pricey item wasn't given any air time.  I really hope she's as nice in person as she appeared on Valerie's facebook page.  Did you purchase anything from Christmas in July weekend?

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@kathyz ~ I bought the 37" angel but was really hoping they would have spent even a couple of minutes on it.  The pace of the show didn't really bother me, but I know other people were also not happy that this rather pricey item wasn't given any air time.  I really hope she's as nice in person as she appeared on Valerie's facebook page.  Did you purchase anything from Christmas in July weekend?

@Julie928. I would have been happy with 45 seconds.   Qvc has do e this many times in the past,  an item they know will go fast they will keep mentioning ,  but never show then it sells out and they just say oh it sold out !  They spent or should I say Jane did , talking about personal things instead of moving along ,  then when the 5 seconds valerie had to actually show the Angel Jane said "we gotta go sell trees" !  It was like she didn't want it shown or some reason.  Let us know how you like yours won't you?  I hope I'm not sorry I cancelled my order.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show, but thought they went rather quickly too.  However, I have a feeling they were trying to get through as many items as possible since they promised "all new" and because Valerie brought in 60+ new items for the weekend.  I also think they knew they were going to have a few items that were going to sell out and maybe they wanted the chance to get them on-air before they were gone.  Who knows though?

Although I couldn't afford to buy her, I was hoping they would be able to present that beautiful large angel.  I feel like they "teased" her all weekend and then she was gone before they even had a chance to show her.  Maybe they could have started the show with her just to give people a chance to see the details.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I enjoyed the show, but thought they went rather quickly too.  However, I have a feeling they were trying to get through as many items as possible since they promised "all new" and because Valerie brought in 60+ new items for the weekend.  I also think they knew they were going to have a few items that were going to sell out and maybe they wanted the chance to get them on-air before they were gone.  Who knows though?

Although I couldn't afford to buy her, I was hoping they would be able to present that beautiful large angel.  I feel like they "teased" her all weekend and then she was gone before they even had a chance to show her.  Maybe they could have started the show with her just to give people a chance to see the details.

I agree

Esteemed Contributor

@kathyz wrote:

The show was too hurried, they saved too many articles for the last and battery life was not mentioned,  and other details that Valerie usually addresses. one product from fb did not even make it to the show.

@kathyz  I agree.  The show was very frenetic.  Jane talked too much about personal things and pulled Valerie right in.  To me, Valerie seemed frustrated that she couldn't get in the things she wanted to say about her items.  Seemed like Jane wanted everyone to see how she and Valerie were "such good friends".  Okay, we got it, now let Valerie talk.  I had to mute several times because I wanted to see the items. 

Respected Contributor
While I liked the show and the way they worked together, it did seem very rushed. I thought it was really crappy how they didn't show the big angel. It sold out? Well, perhaps, but more than likely a lot of people had it in their cart waiting to pull the trigger until after they saw the presentation. I don't like it when they give all these sneak peeks, then it "sells out" but you never get to see it presented. Apparently people didn't follow through on their orders or canceled their orders because it is now available, but there is no video clip because they didn't present it. And I'm not blaming people for doing so, I've done the same.
Respected Contributor

I totaly agree that the show was too rushed.  Perhaps giving information on Facebook ahead of time is not really fair to those of us wo do not do Facebook. Does it give people a chance to put something in their cart ahead of the show?  I didn't buy anything small from CIJ because I wanted to see if they had something large in white and gold to use on either side of my front door.  The angels were perfect, although I think the price was a little high on them - $150 would have been closer to my thinking. I did order two as soon as I saw them by calling ahead before they were presented, and put them on Easy Pay. When they come in if they aren't as expected I will return them.  I suspect that several people may have put the in a cart beore checking the price - $185.00 each is a very high price. Buying two represents quite an expense for me, as it does for others. But it's my one purchase for the home this year.

I had to struggle to watch the show because of Jane's stories and the laughter, etc.  It was a happy show, but too much time wasted and waaaaaay too lond.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I totaly agree that the show was too rushed.  Perhaps giving information on Facebook ahead of time is not really fair to those of us wo do not do Facebook. Does it give people a chance to put something in their cart ahead of the show?  I didn't buy anything small from CIJ because I wanted to see if they had something large in white and gold to use on either side of my front door.  The angels were perfect, although I think the price was a little high on them - $150 would have been closer to my thinking. I did order two as soon as I saw them by calling ahead before they were presented, and put them on Easy Pay. When they come in if they aren't as expected I will return them.  I suspect that several people may have put the in a cart beore checking the price - $185.00 each is a very high price. Buying two represents quite an expense for me, as it does for others. But it's my one purchase for the home this year.

I had to struggle to watch the show because of Jane's stories and the laughter, etc.  It was a happy show, but too much time wasted and waaaaaay too lond.

@Perkup  No one has to be signed into facebook to view Valerie's link, anyone can view it.

With shipping and tax, the angel was over $200.

Honored Contributor

Jane is always more interested in telling the viewers something is about to go, and she loves to grab an item off the set, and carry it off. The lanterns were a good example of this. She went on and on about how the church was about to go, and wouldn't hush so Valerie could show any of the three. Then she suddenly snatched the church up, and walked clear across the room. She does the same way with handbags. No one can see them, because she is too busy interruping to say they are going. I think it is very wrong for QVC to hype certain products up that are in high interest status, and then say Oh, it sold out. Jane should take note that she is obnoxious, and yes, she wanted everyone to know that her and Valerie are good friends. Who cares? Not me. I am watching to get details on products I may want to spend money on.