Honored Contributor

VPH gingerbread mini houses ...help

These are not "mini" by any stretch of the imagination very cute.

But, they won't stay lit🤷‍♀️. Tried new batteries -- they light fora bit then go dark☹️☹️☹️

Any suggestions .  I'm using Duracell batteries.

Thankyou!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: VPH gingerbread mini houses ...help

Did they come in a set and do they all do the same thing?

Contributor

After I insert the batteries in the compartment, i give each one a quick spin, to make sure they are seated properly. Also, are the batteries " tight" in their slots? If not, pull a little bit on the spring to stretch it a bit more- You want tight.

Lastly, I recommend a battery tester- there are occasionally duds in  new packages, Plus, when it's time to replace batteries, you may find they are not all bad, and you can reuse the good ones.

It also could be the switch, but I have no ideas on that.

Yes, the mini houses are a sweet size, pun intended LOL

Esteemed Contributor

This happens to me sometimes with other items.  I use a Q tip and clean the battery contacts in the item and the batteries themselves.  It has worked for me many times.

Honored Contributor

Have had similar problems.

One example, both of the same VPH items began doing the same thing as your houses at around 6 weeks.  Had someone who does electrical wiring look at them to see if they could be fixed.  He laughed.  I threw $70 away that day.  

Another example, one of the Scott Bros sleds.  Whenever it was handled, the lights would go out.  Required fiddling with the batteries to get the lights working again, then they would flicker. 

On examination, the batteries wouldn't fit tightly inside the case even when I adjusted the spring because the battery compartment was much too wide where the batteries did not fit snugly to keep them tightly in place. 

The same fellow who looked at the two VPH items said the entire battery compartment needed replaced.  Also commented on the flimsy wiring.  The sled was returned.

Best bet is to return the houses.