Honored Contributor

Re: VPH - New Items Added

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Sitting on my hands ...those candles are TDF!!! (H208774)...

LORDY BE...Have Mercy!!!

They looked like nothing special in the pics....but the silver and red ones are stunning!

@Susan Louise  These are very similar to what she presented a few years ago, so I bought two of the red, and two of the green, but the new has a taller one than what I have.  Also, mine have tiny lights in them, not a sold light as the new seem to have.  I am not a blue person, but even the blue looks wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

The new candles are very pretty.  I wish the silver was a true silver when lit, but it looks yellow.  To me, the red looks salmon colored when lit.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

The new candles are very pretty.  I wish the silver was a true silver when lit, but it looks yellow.  To me, the red looks salmon colored when lit.

@RazorSharp   I think mine look better than these as the tiny lights in mine cause the entire candle to be gently lit instead of a light in one spot as these seem to have.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp   I think mine look better than these as the tiny lights in mine cause the entire candle to be gently lit instead of a light in one spot as these seem to have.

@mousiegirl I bet.  I'm thinking about getting the original in silver as is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I may get a ginger jar to use year-round.  Hoping that the white porcelain glows a little from within, along with the light coming through the holes.  

I love the new candy trees and gingerbread figures, too.  I can't buy everything, so I have some decisions to make today.  

@SHOPR  I like those Ginger jars too.  I'd probably want want both sizes.  Choosing a color would be difficult for me.  I don't do blue but like all the other colors.

@lucymo and @SHOPR  The ginger jars are nice...like the red ones, but don't 'love' them. I have to keep asking myself if I REALLY love a piece of decor from now on AND what am I going to give to charity if I get _________ (fill in the blank)...it helps keep me in check...LOL

I am breathing a sigh of relief that there is nothing new of VPHs new items that interests me. 

@Susan Louise  I am not planning to order the Ginger jar even though I do like it.  There are other items that I like more for my use right now.  I've ordered enough for this CIJ already and I'n just going to enjoy watching for now.  Hang in, GF, and enjoy the shows with me.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo Sure thing Lucymo! I'm looking forward to the shows. I just made myself a mug of coffee (Green Mountain 'wild mountain blueberry' and used Coffee-Mate's 'creme brule' creamer) and just put a pineapple cake in the oven. DH and I will have it for dessert tonight. It will be like an ice box cake since I add pineapple jello and frost it with cool whip Smiley Happy

Are you ready with coffee/tea/etc...a snack? Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Yum yum, I'll be there in time for dinner.  Hope your DH doesn't mind sharing the Pineapple cake with me. lol

I enjoyed Valerie's show but nothing tempted me.  I've already ordered the mirrored mosaic spheres that she showed.  I donated a large Gingerbread collection so not interested in that.  Did you see anything that you want.

Honored Contributor

I have the older set of those candles.  They aren't frosted but MG and have the light string inside.  I have silver and green.  I'm happy with what I have.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Yes, I love the color of the silver when lit, very pretty champagne color.  But I wouldn't buy them if I am using silver decor.  I want them to work when lit or unlit.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Sitting on my hands ...those candles are TDF!!! (H208774)...

LORDY BE...Have Mercy!!!

They looked like nothing special in the pics....but the silver and red ones are stunning!

@Susan Louise  These are very similar to what she presented a few years ago, so I bought two of the red, and two of the green, but the new has a taller one than what I have.  Also, mine have tiny lights in them, not a sold light as the new seem to have.  I am not a blue person, but even the blue looks wonderful.

@mousiegirl The green ones glowed lovely too! I managed not to order them. Please post after you get them and let us know how they are in person. I'd be curious if the light was strong enough to go through the flame portion of the candle. If it does, it didn't show well during the presentation.

Sometimes those things one can't tell until they get the item home. Enjoy your new treasures! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

I have the older set of those candles.  They aren't frosted but MG and have the light string inside.  I have silver and green.  I'm happy with what I have.

@lucymo  I think because I'm still wanting that tree collar from Pier 1...which will still be about $80 after a 20% off coupon, I think that is also helping me from getting them. I'm thinking if I can get through this season of Fall & Holiday decor shows and only have bought the 2 bronze hudson lanterns and the tree collar, I will be very pleased Smiley Happy

I remember those older MG candles...they are pretty too. I think because I went overboard with so many MG sphere sets, I was able to restrain myself from getting those at the time. Do you use those often? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I think because I'm still wanting that tree collar from Pier 1...which will still be about $80 after a 20% off coupon, I think that is also helping me from getting them. I'm thinking if I can get through this season of Fall & holiday decor shows and only have bought the hudson lantern and the tree collar, I will be very pleased Smiley Happy

I remember those older MG candles...they are pretty too. I think because I went overboard with so many MG sphere sets, I was able to restrain myself from getting those at the time. Do you use those often? Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Actually , no I don't and DH just informed me that I let the granddaughter take them last Christmas.  I don't remember doing that but I think he was so happy to see some decor leave that he remembers.  lol  I have a mirrored shelf in a small hall leading to the MB and I used the green there for a couple of years and I don't really remember where or if I used the silver.  They are very pretty though.  Like you, I have more than I can use and end up donating or giving to family members.  So, now I'm thinking of uses before I buy.