Honored Contributor

VPH LANTERN TOPPERS ... NICE (H224588 Seasonal Embellishment Toppers)

[ Edited ]

but honestly, I could have made the same thing for 1/3rd the cost.

They are pretty but NOT full:  one thin swag piece and a small bow.  They serve the purpose I bought them for &  I just put the Fall one on top of the wire pumpkin -

IMG_7964.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VPH LANTERN TOPPERS ... NICE (H224588 Seasonal Embellishment Toppers)

Never thought of it before but............perhaps HD (high definition) is helping Q to sell as things appear bigger - fuller - yummy on TV.

I know food wise - meatballs - chicken sure doesn't look in real life like it did in the presentation. 

LOL

Respected Contributor

It does look pretty on your wire pumpkin 😀. 

Super Contributor

I just got these but am returning because there is no way to fasten these or make them look nice as they are on tv.

I liken one of these toppers to taking a wooden ruler and affixing some leaves and branches.  This does not bend and there is no way to move it or tie it onto a lantern.  I'd have to rig up something else and for $50+ it's just not worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I like what you've done with it! I would have considered getting the set, but I only needed the autumn selection for my Candle Impressions 3 candle lantern. Fortunately, I saw a pop up ad for a pre-made plaid bow at Michael's. I bought it and added a pick. It'l do.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1   Wow! Maybe your photo is in HD too because I think the topper looks terrific on your pumpkin.

I have some very lovely lantern swags that I purchased from a vendor on eBay...

and I have seen others that I liked as well, but thought they we a bit too full... I like it as more of an enhancement. 
I think you have achieved a lovely tablescape!

Respected Contributor

I like it on your pumpkin.  It looks great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom 

@busymom22 

Yes you are right...these are very thin I've seen thicker/fuller pieces at Michael's & fuller bows.

I think it looks fuller because the pumpkin is already decorated!

Honestly, not worth $50.13 unless you aren't "crafty"...I am but saw these and expected them to be full -- it's a "single twig,...

I'll see if I decide to keep -- then again would cost me $16 in s/h costs...ugh😲

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was mad when I missed them, so I went to Hobby Lobby, got some beautiful fall metallic plaid ribbon, large enough roll to make quite a few for less than $5.00. Watched YouTube videos and learned how to tie them my self!  It's pretty easy, after about 5 times I got good at it. I watched a couple of videos and got some tips. Now I'm going to work on  Christmas bows.Thinking of where I'll use them, on a wreath, lanterns, on gifts, lamppost with some greens. I'm not crafty, this is not a difficult skill to learn.