Regular Contributor

VPH, Home Reflections, Mr. Christmas, Bethlehem Lights

QVC has so many wonderful vendors providing beautiful holiday decor yet their studios are hardly decorated for the holidays. I have to "look" for their sparse decorations. I remember when even their on air graphics had a Christmas look. The studio sets on both QVC and HSN certainly don't build excitement.  What's up?  No celebrating this year? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: VPH, Home Reflections, Mr. Christmas, Bethlehem Lights

I just had the same thought this week. I thought how dull. Also the sets without Christmas decorations seem to be boring also. I also do not care for DV kitchen set. There's something missing.

Respected Contributor

I also miss the decorated sets. They don't pay the attention to detail that they once did. I remember the graphics also.....they were so much more creative years ago. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@nascarfan  Totally agree! The decorated sets used to give me ideas on how to use the decorations being sold. Now, Valerie's sets (studio and home) are the only sets that come close. Even so, they are not as great as when Valerie came in to the studio. It makes it hard to believe David and Dan when they say they are crazy for Christmas.

Respected Contributor

Just some thoughts about possible reasons:

• So many holiday items were sold as Advance Order that they probably didn't have much to use to decorate the sets, just the samples for the on-air presentation.  
  • They always get dinged for using decorative items on the set that are not available for purchase.  
  • They saved money by not decorating the sets and removing the need to change out the sets for various shows.
  • With COVID restrictions, they probably are limiting the number of people in the studios and set dressers didn't make the cut.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone else noticed besides me.  This started before Covid.  

It might be perplexing because Christmas decor is one of their biggest sellers...but I think there is a reason.  

I suspect it's because they don't want to offend those who don't celebrate or like Christmas, but there they are designating months to selling Christmas decor and gifts to those who do.  

Just looked in on David.  The first thing I saw was a patio with what looks like summer greenery behind him.  There's a Christmas tree there, but I had to hang around before I saw it.  

I'm finding ShopHQ's sets more pleasant.  The other day, I saw a beautiful Christmas set with lots of cheerful red when they were selling clothing.