Super Contributor

VPH H212582 Mercury Glass Finish Finials

[ Edited ]

VPH Mercury Finish Finials   H212582 

I bought the chocolate color; & after a couple of months they are peeling.. Has anyone had this happen to them ??

I really like the design, shape and color because they go so well with my dinning room set.. I love Valerie & have so, so, so many of her items & this is awful.. I wish she would bring these in real mercury glass & NOT mercury finish..

So disappointed..

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH H212582 Mercury Glass Finish Finials

I wonder if spraying them with clear polyurethane would protect them and prevent further peeling?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624

Thank You for your suggestion.. I will look into that & then I would have someone do it for me..  I'm very allergic, to perfumes, flowers ( except Tulips ) certain plastics, latex.. My husband, I know for sure would not be able to do it..

I absolutely love those Finials; just touching them, they start to flake.. Much thanks!!

Super Contributor

@classic 

The reason they are peeling is because they are made of Acrylic construction made to resemble mercury glass. Right now they are on a clearance price of around $27 for set of 2.  I would contact QVC CS and ask them for a replacement or contact Valerie Parr Hill directly to see what can be done.  I don't think spraying them is worth it and the results may  not be satisfactory.  That is what I would do because I hate spending money for something that doesn't hold up very long.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

VPH Mercury Finish Finials   H212582 

I bought the chocolate color; & after a couple of months they are peeling.. Has anyone had this happen to them ??

I really like the design, shape and color because they go so well with my dinning room set.. I love Valerie & have so, so, so many of her items & this is awful.. I wish she would bring these in real mercury glass & NOT mercury finish..

So disappointed..

@classic  I have some acrylic from a few years ago, and no peeling, still beautiful.  The quality on some of her products this year as not been up to par.

You could return them for an exchange, no cost to you, if they are still available.

Trusted Contributor

Contact Customer Service - that is a quality issue.  Nothing should be peeling after a couple months.  Does VPH have her own customer service?  If they won't do anything check with your credit card company to see if they offer consumer protection against a poor quality product.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU EVERYONE , I SO APPRECIATE IT..

I contacted CS & they are crediting my account.. They were very, very helpful.. When i ordered them, they were not on clearance.

I ordered another set at the clearance & i hope they are not defective.. I must say, they are beautiful in person; and they coordinate beuatifully with my dinning room set..  i just wish they were a better quality... I have a couple of her mercury glass lamps and they are just fine.. IMHO, Valerie should have had these finials made in the same construction as the lamps..

Again, much thanks to all.. 

Oh!! im going to send Valerie a private message regarding this problem.. Also, I was reading some of the reviews and another person also commented on the peeling of these finials...