Regular Contributor

VPH German Pine Slimline Tree

I finally took my tree out of the box to set up in my guest room and I have discovered there is no timer/on off switch!? Am I stupidly missing something? Do I have to manually plug it in every night or plug it into a separate timer? Also, the description says a 30” cord. Mine is NOWHERE near that long. Anyone else have either of these problems?

Honored Contributor

Re: VPH German Pine Slimline Tree

[ Edited ]

@FLGranny wrote:

I finally took my tree out of the box to set up in my guest room and I have discovered there is no timer/on off switch!? Am I stupidly missing something? Do I have to manually plug it in every night or plug it into a separate timer? Also, the description says a 30” cord. Mine is NOWHERE near that long. Anyone else have either of these problems?

@FLGranny   You can buy a plug in remote to turn it off and on, have done this will all trees, Q may still sell them, but amazon does and so does ebay.  Four to a pack and you can program three items on each.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up a couple of manual timers - the cheapest I could find.  Less than $5.  They come in handy, have had for a few years now with no issues.  Going to use one this year on my VPH Kaleidescope Tree.  Have to confess I had never used timers before and had to YouTube it.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I picked up a couple of manual timers - the cheapest I could find.  Less than $5.  They come in handy, have had for a few years now with no issues.  Going to use one this year on my VPH Kaleidescope Tree.  Have to confess I had never used timers before and had to YouTube it.  LOL!

@avid shopper   I use them on these trees also.

Regular Contributor

Guess I’ll take all yours advice and use the timer but I’m still perplexed why would they make a tree with no on/off switch.