Trusted Contributor

Re: VPH Autumn Lantern A/D...

@SHOPR

My she shed is great and weathered the wind just fine! It is built to hurricane code, but I was concerned about the windows. They do not have shutters or impact glass. I think I will look into that when hurricane season is over.

I am cleaning out the gutters of the house because they filled with tree leaves. I am so lucky because I was only out of power for 16 hours, which is a miracle!

I was out for at least 10 days for Frances and Jeanne and it was hot and I had no water. I now am on city water so i don't have to worry about it.

Gas stations are still out of gas and things are slowly coming back up. Schools are closed all week so I hope to get my fall decorating done!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VPH Autumn Lantern & Slatkin 3-Wick Candles...

@TenderMercies wrote:

My 3 sets of 3 wicks are in process, too.  Looks like they will be on schedule to ship out on Friday.  Too bad the weather is supposed to get back up into the 90's after a week of the being in the 70's.

@TenderMercies, One of my two sets of 3 wicks is out for delivery today, along with the VPH lantern!  So they're actually arriving here on the estimated ship date in this case.  What about yours?

The second 3 wick set is shipped but a day or so away.  I expect the remaining items, the GB house and special edition 3 wick set, to process any time. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

My 3 sets of 3 wicks are in process, too.  Looks like they will be on schedule to ship out on Friday.  Too bad the weather is supposed to get back up into the 90's after a week of the being in the 70's.

@TenderMercies, One of my two sets of 3 wicks is out for delivery today, along with the VPH lantern!  So they're actually arriving here on the estimated ship date in this case.  What about yours?

The second 3 wick set is shipped but a day or so away.  I expect the remaining items, the GB house and special edition 3 wick set, to process any time. 

@SHOPR, how exciting you are getting your lantern today!  Mine in in transit along with the pine cone candle holder & 2 sets of candles.  Looks like my arrival day is Monday.  Please post your thoughts when you get your lantern!  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SHOPR  My 3 sets of 3-wicks are still showing as In Process.  I can't wait to hear what you think of yours!  Which set is arriving today?

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR, how exciting you are getting your lantern today!  Mine in in transit along with the pine cone candle holder & 2 sets of candles.  Looks like my arrival day is Monday.  Please post your thoughts when you get your lantern!  

@BornToShop, Will do.  Do you anticipate any delays in getting your deliveries?  I cannot even imagine how confusing all of the logistics have become down there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SHOPR  My 3 sets of 3-wicks are still showing as In Process.  I can't wait to hear what you think of yours!  Which set is arriving today?

@TenderMercies, I'm supposed to get Harvest Leaves and Autumn Pumpkin today. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a quick update.  The fall VPH lantern is very cute.  The lantern itself is really not anything special in shape, style, or material, but the inside is adorable, nicely detailed, neatly painted, and very well lit.  My winter scene lantern is about the same brightness as this one, but the spring scene lantern is not nearly as bright.  I like all three.  Just letting everyone know the similarities and differences.  

The Homeworx Slatkin candle set--A reminder that I'm super sensitive to many candle and bath and body scents, and for that reason I don't own a huge variety of scents, and I currently have none to compare to these.  

Autumn Pumpkin--It's been burning for about 20 minutes and already has a nice pool developing.  The wax is soft.  I'm in the next room and can definitely smell it. Scent-wise, I like it so far.  I smell a sweet, pumpkin spice scent.  I can remember smelling other candles (can't remember where exactly but probably at BBW) in the past that smelled like this.  

Harvest Leaves--Remember I am very sensitive to certain scents.  As soon as I opened the lid to this one, my throat tightened and I thought, oh no, this isn't going to work for me.  I smell only apple and berry, I think it must be cranberry, not sure.  I haven't looked at the fragrance notes in a while and am just going by what I'm smelling.  I am not going to burn this one.  Not sure what I'll do.  It would make a pretty gift I guess.  I did end up taking off the lid and sniffing it several more times, but I can't pick out anything other than apple and berry. 

FYI the return label charge for this set is $8.95.  

They were packed well with a little styrofoam surrounding each one.  

I hope this helps a little.  

Can't wait to read what others think.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, I had Saturday delivery!  Probably due to the hurricane.  I really like this, I feel the little lanterns are a bit too bright but overall, it's a keeper for me!

IMG_0185.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR 

My lantern arrived today also and I am thrilled! It has my favorite themes inside:

dog

pumpkins

lanterns

I will probably find a place to keep it out all year!

I am happy that packages are making it down this way. I received a delivery yesterday from a specialty pharmacy in S, Miami.

They must have power and are up and running, which is great!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR I'm disappointed that the Leaves candle is heavy with the apple scent.  It sounds like Smoked Pumpkin isn't anything that different from BB&W's selections?  If so, I will cancel these.

Glad you like your lantern.

Edited to say:  I think I'm confused.  The candles you are reviewing aren't the Smoked Pumpkin and Red Currant are they?  The ones you are talking about are from the TSV, yes?