Respected Contributor

Re: VPH 1-hr shows are too short!

She needs 2 hour shows. The shows yesterday were so rushed. Valerie was speaking so fast and running around the set to show everything. It was hard to keep up as you can't take your eye off of the screen for a second as you might miss something shown. Things sell out fast and a lot of people bought online the new items before they were even presented on air. 

Respected Contributor

Considering how many items sold out quickly there should have been plenty of time to really present the other items.  Obviously it was poorly scheduled and the product line-up and number of items wasn't well thought out.

I found the program to be almost nerveracking.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Considering how many items sold out quickly there should have been plenty of time to really present the other items.  Obviously it was poorly scheduled and the product line-up and number of items wasn't well thought out.

@Buck-i-Nana  Me too! I can remember when Valerie's shows were at a comfortable pace...which was one of the aspects that drew me into her shows. Valerie and the hosts would actually sit down for parts of the shows showing items like lamps with Lisa Mason...

Those were the days...

I wonder if VPH herself wishes her shows could go back to the way it was. If the pace speeds up anymore, she will need s scooter to run back and forth across the set.

Respected Contributor

When Antonella kept apologizing to Valerie for interrupting her many many times throughout the entire show because she needed to keep updating how many quantities were left in colors etc, and what sold out, I realized that QVC doesn't have their act together at all. I actually felt sorry for Valerie on how they ran the show with someone screaming in Antonella's ear constantly.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana  Me too! I can remember when Valerie's shows were at a comfortable pace...which was one of the aspects that drew me into her shows. Valerie and the hosts would actually sit down for parts of the shows showing items like lamps with Lisa Mason...

Those were the days...

I wonder if VPH herself wishes her shows could go back to the way it was. If the pace speeds up anymore, she will need s scooter to run back and forth across the set.

All I can say is Valerie had a hip replacement recently, and it seems she is making sure she got her money's worth! 

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

When Antonella kept apologizing to Valerie for interrupting her many many times throughout the entire show because she needed to keep updating how many quantities were left in colors etc, and what sold out, I realized that QVC doesn't have their act together at all. I actually felt sorry for Valerie on how they ran the show with someone screaming in Antonella's ear constantly.

@BabyYoda, This constant spouting off of the number available seems so unnecessary and is probably the biggest waste of valuable time, time that should have been spent showing the item and its use around the set. I know it isn't the hosts' fault because they are made to do it by the person in their ear.  Some hosts do the interrupting more efficiently than others, true, but it just messes up the flow and QVC doesn't care.

Respected Contributor

Agreed, and another thing, I have learned over the past two CIJ's, if you want it, get it.  There is not a lot of depth of her inventory.  I am still in mourning over not ordering Valerie's 15" Illuminated Gem Tree :/.